Mental Support Community

My Son & I

58corvette

I know I write quite a few Post & ramble but there is so much in my head I need to get out; so please bare with me.

My Son who just went to workout (to relieve some of his stress); just stated to me how he does'nt like to express his feelings, thoughts or what he is dealing with to no one right now. For Fear of being hurt again!

I expressed to him how I need to even though I also ended up being burnt & hurt by his Mom (My Ex-Wife) in the end because of that.

So for both of us we are dealing with the same issues right now in a different way in regards to Women and Trusting them again.

It is sad, because I know we are both good People & Men; & we both need & desire the Love & Companionship of a Woman.

Im just Venting & trying to figure it all out. Sometimes I feel like more of a Woman than a Man. To where I felt my Ex-Wife was more like a Man than a Woman. For expressing & communicating our feelings with each other.

Hi 58corvette,

I hear you. We all deal with things differently.

I also in relationship with my ex-wife often feel more like a woman at times and she more like the stereotypical male. The long and short of it is that it doesn't matter we are all just humans.

My daughter also does not like to express her feeling where as my son and I do.

I would suggest with your son you simply tell him that if he ever wants to talk about them you are there for him always, That is all you can do for that other than always be there for him and not judge him.

Waiting

Hi 58corvette,

I just replied to your other post. It appears relevant as I see you have a son, unless you are past the "custody issues" stage. I am 2 1/2 years into my separation and my ex is non-responsive. He won't even say whether he agrees or disagrees with the family property calculation and post separation adjustments. He just won't reply to my lawyer, his lawyer, the mediator or the financial expert we hired to confirm the numbers. He has no idea how much harm he is causing the family by his stalling. When I had a breakdown in a moment of weakness in the summer he totally took advantage of it and I lost my kids for a month.

So, yes - i know about distrust and sheer utter wickedness. And I know all about losing almost every friend you have due to depression related to divorce. So if you want to talk, I'm all ears. If you want to vent in a private PM because you're afraid of losing every friend you might have made on this website, the invitation is open.

Archived