Mental Support Community

My Own Dissorder

58corvette

I was just thinking about Eating & the Dissorder that Happens everytime with me when I become Depressed, Stressed & Lonely.

I stop Eating Properly. Start Smoking to much. Know I have to watch out how much Coffee I drink. So right now im not Eating the way I should. But also that instinct in me to save Money & make sure my Son & I have enough to eat.

So ya I guess I do have a eating dissorder myself. Especially when I am in this condition. Worse when I am alone. I know it is something I have to overcome.

Hi 58corvette,

I just wanted to say that you're not alone. I am that way too. I don't even smoke, but I do when I'm depressed. I'm a whole different person. I binge eat, or don't eat at all. And coffee....I use it like a drug...I drink it so I don't have to eat, and I drink it for the "high" I get from it.

It's very hard to overcome this type of issue...eating is necessary to survive, so it's a constant battle. And when you don't eat properly, it has a negative mental effect. But it helps to find a motivation to get better....maybe your son? You care a lot for him...enough that even in tough times (mentally), you are pulling together to make sure he's provided for. It can be so hard sometimes to be postive, but would your son perhaps be a motivation to take better care of yourself?

Thank You for your Reply;

The Situation with my Son & Myself is Odd. I do Love him so much. But part of the problem his his Drug Addiction (Pain Pills). He is not with it many times & that causes a lot of my Stress. He Binge Eats when he id real bad. So I never know what food we are going to have?

He just came back to Hotel with Plenty of Food & seems ok, but he is in Bathroom again running Steaming Water which he does for Hours at a time. So again I dont know if he is High or Not.

It is a daily situation with his Addiction & my Mental Issues. I am trying with my Kids & myself to get counseling; His Addiction continues to be a Issue that is preventing so much. I enable. But I am trying my best to reach out. I just ate while he has been in restroom; so thats good. But when he gets out I will have to watch (Like Babysitting) His behavior. That always stress me.

Ya it's been bad in the past, when something traumatic has happened where I just dont eat. Never really had problem eating to much.

A month without food; Wow!!! I just hope we can all continue to help each other through everything with new year coming.

Linda I know your always Here. Thanx Again:)

Guest ASchwartz

Hi 58Corvette,

Is it possible that your son ran the water in the tub when he came back to the hotel because he was purging? I believe you said he binge eats. These eating disorders are a form of addiction. I agree that family therapy would be good for all of you.

Allan

No he Runs Steaming Water Especially during Cold Winter Months for his Body. Not sure Completly why; But I do know it is part of his Addiction; He Does Not Purge. He just sits in there lights Cigarettes & Falls asleep. It is very Sad & Annoying. That is Another Habit He Must Break. It is Like a Sauna for him. But the Waste of Water & Constant Falling asleep both in Restroom & Bed while Smoking is Very Disturbing & Dangerous.

He has Holes all over Hotel Bedspread & We will pay the Price for that. Along with Cigarette Burns on Toilet Seat. I have Confronted him a few times about it & he just gets Angry & Short with me & always gives me a excuse & Lies.

I Know Family Therapy is a Must for All of us. My Oldest Son is like my Ex Wife (His Mom) I know he wont go, he knows he has a problem (Unlike my Ex who never thinks she does) But like my Ex he just wont go together with me & his Siblings. He Continues to Harbor to much Resentment towards my Daughter.

We were that close a few days ago until he thought my Daughter Double Crossed him by Calling me after he called her to see if she could help me. She can & will but she simply wanted to verify i was ok. She has tried to help my oldest in the past; but he thinks her Motives & her Boyfriend are not well meaning. I know it is his Drug Addiction.

He continues to be a Sticking Point. Many Times he means well; buit his Addiction is something that is tearing us apart. Im trying My Best Allan

Guest ASchwartz

58Corvette,

You sure are doing your best. Wow, you must feel overwhelmed by all of this. As a parent whose kids are not full adults, I remember how harrowing things got. But, this sounds like its a hundred percent worse. You have my full support and empathy.

How do you cope with this? Do you have ways to give yourself some space and some relief from these problems?

Allan

I posted a reply to you but it got lost again. To long i guess. Anyway my tooth is killing me cause I have'nt been taking care of myself properly. So im in a lot of pain. So i need to make this quick for several reasons.

It is very Overwhelming. I made a Choice & a promise with my Oldest Son & I am paying the price for that in many ways. Did the same thing with my ex whom I married & thought for many years was just going through a "Phase" in life.

I know my Oldest will not be Ok until he gets over his Addiction. As far as me with my Situation & Mental Issues & Instablity who Knows?

Not coping real well now obviously but continue to just Live Survive & hold on to some type of hope & help. Wish I could be more specific & make this longer but site continues to lose my longer post & my Tooth is killing me.

Thank You; Sincerely Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Jim, you have so much that you are going and with you your kids as well. and yet you find the time to offer my supportive words for me in my situation. I hope that all going through right now will pay off in a good way soon. I wish this for you. you are a good person and a good father.

Shannon

Well Thank You So Much Shannon; Your Kind Words & Thoughts mean A Lot to me.

I have found many Supportive People on this Site including yourself. The least we can do for each other is continue to Always offer our Support, Understanding, Help, & Hope for One Another as we Continue to Figure out our own Personal Journey's & Meaning.

The Best To You Shannon. Sincerely; Jim

Archived