Mental Support Community

No Sex In A Relationship

Esruc

Wow. That seems very odd that they told you they would not mind if you were with someone else. Do you think maybe they are trying to sabotage the relationship? You would think that anyone would realize that once you open that door, the relationship as you have it would not be the same. Also, a relationship is about give and take. It would be unfair to keep you around to fulfill their needs if yours are not met as well. How long has it been like that?

I didn't realize this was a hypothetical situation. Sorry, I also took incapable to be more of a mental incapability rather than perhaps a physical incapability. I think sex is important, but having never been in this situation myself, I am not sure how I would react to it.

I don't think that age would have so much to do with it. I think it is difficult to speculate on matters such as these. Especially if it is hypothetical.

For me, it is highly possible to be intimate with someone and be sexual.

The movie 40 days and 40 nights comes to mind with this one.

Did the hypothetical party take a vow or make a promise to themselves to remain abstinent for a certain amout of time????

OR like loneone said, a mental condition????

But Es, you're missing the important point: you're asking a hypothetical "is it possible" question, when human relationships are by definition between two (or at most a few?) specific individuals.

Couples have made all sorts of relationships work. There are happily married paraplegics, for instance (Christopher Reeves comes to mind). But it's highly individual, for the people involved. No one can tell you if a specific kind of relationship will work except the person you want it to work with.

You seem to be asking for permission to do something physical to yourself that prevents sex? It's not a step I would advise you to do, and no matter what, my permission would be meaningless.

My bf and I are almost in that situation, not that I'm incapable of having sex, I am simply not ready so I told him he could sleep with who ever he wants. But despite my approval, he said he dose not want to do that even though I told him I don't know when I will be ready. I guess it deepens on someones morels, and how much that person matters to the other. We will have been together a year next month. One other thing, I think when sex is not an issue their is a deeper relationship with that person.

Archived