Mental Support Community

I am with a sexual spirit right now

Yeah--Satanism has a bad rap because of pop culture associations. As I've mentioned, I'm not the slightest bit religiously inclined myself, but I don't see your beliefs as any more odd or disturbing than anything more mainstream. I see you as searching--for meaning, understanding, something greater than yourself. And why not? I think it's all pretty interesting stuff. To each his own.

tho let me correct one thing: LaVeys are not as much towards the openmindedness I think, that one sentence meant to say that they come off as kind of selfish, as they kind of are, but that the other groups mostly are open minded and encourage free will and all of that.

anyway, wanted to correct that. typically Satan is usually seen by us as championing for our nature, just, our nature. All of it. Free will, instincts, the want for knowledge, the human struggle. thinking for ourselves, all that.

Darkness is.....simply the absence of light.

Darkness can extinguish the light.

If that is fascinating, and something appealing, to dabble in, shrug, oh well.....

ps there is a huge difference being a witch, and spiritual, and being a satanistic. Please do not lump us all together, thank you very much :(

I don't think anyone said that it is evil. I myself believe if we ever had gods that walked among us, then they are of the ancient alien variety. Why would a being that may be 15+ billion years old be bothering himself or herself with a backwards hillbilly planet. I believe more in a universal consciousness. Everything from physics to chemistry eventually comes to some kind of stable mixture. I don't think everything that is considered "dark arts" are truly black art, and I believe that Christianity itself is responsible for setting our civilization back hundreds of years in witch hunts. However, I am a person that chooses to surround myself with light and seek only positive experiences and energy. I have experienced people that I believe were truly evil, and I have no desire to bring myself into those kind of experiences again. Just because this is so, I don't feel that I have no free will. In fact, I am free to do whatever I want, but will I feel okay about myself about it later? As for inviting only what you want, I think this is something that requires experience. And, as you yourself experienced with the male spirit, you saw him, and he surely wasn't invited. Once a doorway is open, if it is not shut properly, then anything can find its way in. I have read that a demon (meaning not Christian demon, but a spirit that is not really of the flesh, or was so long ago that it has forgotten and craves it) has to be invited in, but they are notorious for misrepresenting themselves to gain an invitation. I think that we have to be very careful when messing with things that we have a limited understanding of.

i relate to a lot of how you explain your sense about this dimension.

I tend to agree that organized religions, while possibly well-intended, have retarded our ability to realize fully what we're here for. The widely held 'church' belief that we are fundamentally, and basically bad and evil people, wired to do bad things, is really tragic in psychologically worrying people (with fear about themselves, and everyone around them) away from learning to trust themselves, and their God given abilities/talents.

I believe we are continually surrounded by everything that exists, all dimensions, entities, in a sort of cosmic soup if you will. What we focus, choosingly, on, we tend to make bigger, and draw into our present existance.

Fear? is the enemy....

When one comes to think, to believe, and thusly experience that one exists in a 'userfriendly universe.' one is better equipped to accept the entities which surround us continually, and to be less prone to the damaging effects of choosing to be afraid/fearful.

We've all heard how dogs can sense fear, well so do all other entities. When one, full of the belief of a 'userfriendly' universe, realizes a relationship, they are less prone to making the other up as evil or to hurt them, and more curious as a child might be without fear, and thus the relationship is healthier and less prone to being centered around fear, and more about being open to learning whatever the other might be wanting to share, from a place of helpfulness, and love. imho :(

yada yada yada

I can turn the darkness analogy right back on you.

How can darkness extinguish something if it is merely the absence of something?

Darkness cannot logically extinguish something like light (photons) if it is the absence of it.

Also, what appears to be "darkness" may just not be percievable to us.

Many things that are "darkness" turn out to be just outside our very limited visual range of the electromagnetic spectrum. It is the same thing with spirituality.

"Darkness" is merely a wide spectrum of things outside our visible range. Sure, there are bad things there, but also many good things. It just shows how limited our view is, and how light (the area we can see) is holding us back.

Btw the male spirit was an Incubus. It wasn't wanted because I am not gay.

At any rate, I have not had any experiences since. Also, I know the differences, and I am actually a Satanist in that I revere him, though I am more of a Luciferian.

• 1 month later...
Please don't tell me what I believe is evil.

I won't stand for that and I hate how people have these preconceptions of what Satanism is based on what Hollywood and the Media says.

If you ever bothered to TALK to any Satanists, you would find out that there is many, many different kinds and groups. And despite all the infighting, they are not all extreme and such.

Sure, there are a FEW ones who are racist or neo-nazi, but so are there a lot of Christians that are as well. LaVeys come off as kind of selfish, but really most of them are open minded people who encourage people to think for themselves and draw their own conclusions about spiritual truths. Despite a few bad apples, all of them are not crazy.

We are a minority and the fact that these few small bad apples take up the spotlight says more about how media frenzies work than anything about us. There are many branches, Temple of Set, LaVeys, Panthesitc, polythesitc, Christian duo-theology, Gnostic, Lucifarians, ect ect.

All with widely different spiritual beliefs, but most have the central themes of free will and thinking for yourself.

Also, could this get moved to the spiritual section?

Hello Darkness,

I am at odds to reveal this about my history, specifically because I have crafted a barrier against what I understand to be delusions in order to maintain a sensible and pro-existential state of mind; and frankly, to appear sane.

I haven't elaborated upon any of the history of my descent into madness, ever, to anyone, not even on this forum, because in doing so I'd have to acknowledge some foregone personal traits that I have to continually and actively deny in order to keep from diving headfirst into some serious psychotic breakdown. But, my experiences may help you, if only in giving you someone here to relate to.

I was a Gnostic Luciferian, Darkness. It sounds pretty scary to any onlookers unequipped with an interest in researching it without bias, and I can't say I don't understand that bias, it is a pretty outlandish thing for most people to swallow.

Damnit.

Theistic Satanism has a pretty bad name for obvious reasons, as does the word Lucifer in Luciferianism, and I certainly can't deny those reasons, principally we are speaking of a cult which follows a foundation of anti-cosmology and annihilation of creation, or 'return to the origin' and 'return to natural chaos'. Actually, there aren't words. Suffice to say that it's everything you think it is and simultaneously the opposite, speaking to other audiences, that is.

I found myself feeling more attuned to what's behind the veil, Darkness, and less grounded to this reality perpetually, the more that I researched and the more that I understood Gnostic Luciferianism. I wish I could explain what I'm talking about here, but honestly it's one of those things you'd have to either have experienced or researched with interest, which very few would even consider doing and I recommend against. However, I suspect, Darkness, that you know what I'm talking about.

The chase to cut to here is that these religions preach very heavily in the aptitude and strength of spirit and more importantly mind, and the inevitable piteous crumbling of those who seek it without that strength, and without a full commitment to it.

I opened doors that cannot be closed without the strength to follow through in my commitment and the things that I've witnessed within my own mind since then have lost it to me, completely. In fact I'm pretty sure that will be evident to anyone reading this, it's hardly going to make any sense, though I know Darkness will know what I'm talking about.

From a logical, sane point of view I have to say this is foolishness.

From the part of me that's reluctant to give any of my experiences the power of acknowledgement I have to say that if what I went through is real, it's going to be very real to you too, Darkness. Then again, reality is a weak facade supporting the life it breeds in order to perpetuate it, right? Perhaps.

The bottom line is either we're both completely insane or we're both insane and it's because of this shit. So I recommend you stop, because I attribute my insanity to having opened a series of doors out of intrigue and curiosity thinking I was prepared to absorb what I would find behind them, if only because I don't remember hearing voices, seeing things, and being in an eternal state of terror accented by an intense sixth sense of what I can only describe as absolute damnation before I went looking behind those doors.

Do not commit your soul to darkness, Darkness, I've only gotten worse since then, lots worse, and it will happen to you too.

Or (and), we're both mentally ill and can hide behind the comfort that what we've witnessed isn't actually there.

I wish I could spend the hours necessary to elaborate upon this, but I think I've already done a completely thorough job of making myself stand out where I didn't want to.

Some might suggest you are 'playing with fire' :o

Evil, is simply backward living (spell live backwards)

Whatever ones choices, rather than focus on 'judging and labelling,' what about exploring 'usefulness' of the beliefs one is 'playing with?'

Perhaps, but the usefulness that the cult preaches is far from what most people would consider useful, because it's purpose is to undermine an alleged pretense of tangible reality, ultimately encouraging if not commanding its followers to complete a final ritual act of commitment to the philosophy by suicide as an irreversible statement of acceptance that life and the universe in manifest are an undesired and abominable result of a fallacy.

I do not recommend reading anything here http://www.templeoftheblacklight.net

But if you can keep an open mind and weather an inevitable mortification then it is a source of insight.

Luciferianism is far from worship of Satan, it's something, dare I say, much much worse. In fact, there is no worship of any embodiment or deity, it is a practice that teaches that life is a horrible abomination, emphasizing the necessity of its absolute annihilation. It makes satanism look like a fairy tale, providing surprisingly sound logic and empowering its members with a sense of elitism by rewarding them with a post-suicide pseudo-immortality for acts like murder and of course, uh, suicide. I cannot in good conscience say anything at all can be gained from these religions, specifically because the religions themselves are founded upon the opposite of gain.

Understood: one can do anything with their mind, if they choose to, even reason away their own existence.

So, we're back to Sissa's question, rephrased: why not do something with your mind that is useful?

Archived