Mental Support Community

Depressed Like Never Before

Leo1954

I have been trying to get out of a depression for about 2 1/2 weeks. This time to many flashbacks that I honestly must of suppressed forever. I'm actually to the point where I'm scared of myself. Can't get a therapy appt. until July 7th because she wants to see me the same day when I see the new psych. she needs to make sure the meds. are wrong. Well DUH it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. But honestly I don't even right now think meds. are going to help stop the feelings I'm having rite at this time. I'ts not that I'm not going to take them of course I am. I am just tired of not sleeping or even wanting to go to sleep because you never know what danger is ahead!

Might not make sense to you but please bear with me because to me it does!!!!!!!!!

Hi Leo,

Can you get an urgent appointment with the doctors. You sound like you could really use a sooner appointment :D

I can sooooo relate to the lack of sleep, it makes everything ten times harder. Its frustrating, annoying and totally soul destroying, and not ofcourse to forget exhausting :)

It makes sense hun, and Im sorry you are feeling so down :(

Keep talking to us here if it helps

Were listening, and we care :o

Take care

Guest ASchwartz

Leo,

I know how difficult it is to get a same day appointment in this field. Could you go to the ER and talk about how bad you are feeling? They could at least check you meds and offer you suggestions. As I remind everyone here, this is just my opinion based on my feelings that its better for you to be safe and, also, not alone.

Some hospitals have outpatient psychiatric clinics where patients can be seen right away.

What are your thoughts about this?

Allan

No Way

Do you realize what they do in this area. You even mention that you are having a psych. problem they won't call your Dr. They will lock you literally in jail strip you because you might be a danger. Then you go before a judge the next morning. This has never happened to me but I have met people in the hosp. when I was in there that was court ordered after being locked up for 24hrs. It doen't matter what is going on with the person once you say psychiatric you can kiss your ass goodby. Then not only what will happen to me but my daughter. I'm only losing it now because the horrible situation I'm going through why automatically am I not suppose to express myself. Alot of others have said a hell of a lot worse if you want me off hey go for it. Why can't I say anything what the hell!

Het there ,

I am so sorry your struggling right now. I totally understand why you would not want to go to the ER too. Your absolutey correct. Been thee a few times that they just 5150 a person. I don't think that post was mean to scare you though.

I did not see anything wrong about what you wrote, your looking for support . Could you get into seeing a DR. or therapist sooner ? It seems like a lot of times from now to July ? Especially if it has to do with a medication adjustment. Not trying to say the the meds are a 100% cure or anything. But, they can help along with therapy .

It must be so difficult trying to there for your child and struggling at the same time. I know that this actually is very painful. Many times I have had to do that all because i have a son , not just me .

This is the earliest appt. because I'm not the only one in the office! I'm so sorry I have said anything on here to express my thoughts & mine are thoughts never been an action for 3yrs. But I guess I've committed a sin RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the earliest appt. because I'm not the only one in the office! I'm so sorry I have said anything on here to express my thoughts & mine are thoughts never been an action for 3yrs. But I guess I've committed a sin RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO NEED to be sorry? seriously have not read anything to be sorry for? Totally understand that your unable to get a sooner appt. Just trying to offer some help, that is all. Not trying to piss u off, only concerned about you because I think that their a lot of simalarities between you and I. I think it is perfectly OK to express your thoughts here. Maybe someday all be strong enough to go that long 3yrs without acting upon my thoughts too.

Their is nothing uu wrote that was bad. And feel bad that you are so angry and upset. If their is anything that I can do to help , I would.

I hate that mental illness is such a taboo still. In some country's more than others. Have you got any sleeping pills, or any such thing that would knock you out, not let you dream, but give your body and mind a tiny bit of sanctuary from what you're going through? I myself dislike the use of medications, but after my bout of 3 months severe depression, i returned to work and didn't sleep for about 2 weeks....literally. I couldn't function, i felt like i was losing my mind, my speech was slurred etc etc. My doc prescribed me sedatives and after hanging on for another few days, i took some. I slept some hrs and after a week of sleeping a few hrs a night, i realised how how close i actually had been to slipping into a sychosis. Please, sleep is as important as water, a human is not made to do without it on the long run. Is it possible for you to go to just an average doc. and without having to go into the details, just say you need help to sleep. NOW. ? All the best.

I do have meds. & sleeping meds. They aren't just working rite now because of some situations.

mscat I'm sorry I jumped you I am just flabbergasted at the thought that I might not be able to say anymore on how I feel. See it's like maybe I should stay in the Lie that I have had to do to protect myself from people who now make me feel like maybe it's not worth it still have to live in my bubble and not let it burst anymore

Archived