Mental Support Community

break down

DarknessRules

i know ive been posting alot of my problems here and i havent really helped anyone here. i wish to help people i really do but at this time i need support. i will go looking through to see if i can help when my current problem isnt so heavy on my mind. i know not much can be done. im not really looking for advice but any would be appreciated. im mainly looking for like... well idk what im looking for... just something... well heres the current thing on my mind.

my very good friend came up from out of state. her family abandaned her. so she came up here to start a new life. i was so exited. i got the oppertunity to help her feel welcome and wanted. i felt great being able to help such a great friend. but she left. she told her room mate that she dosnt fit in with society and went to live with a group of campers. she didnt even say goodbye. im really worried about her. i want her to be safe but in this situation i know that she isnt... im afraid of loseing her for good... i dont even think i can mention here what im afraid could happen to her... its tearing me apart... and i know that theres nothing i can do about it...

Guest ASchwartz

hi dr,

we are here to give you help and support in any way we can.

it is painful to see a good friend be so self destructive. but, there is really nothing you or anyone can do. i know how terrible this for you and how helpless you feel. trust me, i have been there and more than once. it always reminds me of how limited i am as with all of us. but we are not gods. i want you to know that i am with you and want to help you sooth your pain.

allan

thanks. thats exactly what i am looking for. kind supportive words. though i know it would take a few to make me feel any better. but its like dispite all the things that could happen to her and the fact that there i a very big possability that i will never see her again... the thing that hurts me the most is that she didnt even say goodbye... we have been friends for like 7 years. she told me that i was like the brother she always wanted. and she was like the sister i never had. i loved her. i still love her. though we have had 5 and a half years apart we still kept in touch. and she is like family to me. i thought we were closer then that...

Guest ASchwartz

DR,

There is every possibility that she will reconnect with you after she goes through what she seems to need to go through.

By the way, I want to say that I am pleased that you are here again and I hope you stick around. We are here for you.

Allan

the thing that hurts me the most is that she didnt even say goodbye...

Maybe it was because she expected you wouldn't agree with her decision and you'd be too sad and she didn't wanted to argue and to see you sad. I know this doesn't make it easier for you :(, I just... was thinking that maybe it could show you that you could see it also from another perspective: You probably see a kind of betrayal and ignorance there, but... there probably is none of it.

Is there a possibility to meet her, talk to her and say that you miss her? (I don't think talking about her decision would be very productive...)

i have been getting little bits of info. for starters i should state that her sisters put out a missing person thing with the police. and my friend is staying with a group of campers. idk where but its ether in or close to the city she she was gonna live in. so thats kinda good news. i still have no way to contact her and live about a 2 hours drive away from that city. so meeting her would be very hard do to the lack of money but not imposable. the soonest i could get out there will be sometime next month. so i have till then to figure out where she is. that will be a hard thing to do. you see a friend of ours knows where she is. but that friend isnt really talking to me. so getting info from her is kinda like pulling teeth at the moment. im lucky i got what i did out of her. and that was from leaveing text after text till she got tired of getting them back to back. i dont want to keep doing that but its the only way to get any info from her. but atleast i know that my friend isnt in as bad a situation as i thought. she has friends there that care about her and would be happy to give her a place to stay if she needs it. so though im still worried about her as she is like the little sister i never had i can sleep a little easyer at night. i still wish to talk to her though. and ya. over the years ive learned that it isnt a good idea to question why she makes the decisions she makes. it almost always ends in a fight. she has a stuburn personality. but thats one of the things i love about her. it makes her strong. once she sets her mind to something nothing can stop her from acheving her goals. sometimes i look up to her for that. she has been an insperation to me for many years. and i can honestly say that she has saved my life a few times. she is very important to me. i just wish she could see that. but i know from the way her mind works and from the way she acts and reacts that she dosnt. so thats one of the things i wish to talk to her about. i hope i get the chance.

i got more info. turns out that she is with a group of protesters. and she i staying in a park in the city. i found out a lot of info that i cant post here do to posable triggering. and thats not all. she is going to travel with this group that she bearly knows. and she wants me to go visit her where she is staying. she said that she can come pick me up. she would get a ride with one of these people. ya i got the ability to talk to her for like a half a min. the thing is that this could be a potentionaly hazardis situation for me. the logical side of me is screaming "you shouldnt do this. its a really bad idea." but my emotional half is screaming "this is your last chance to talk to her. you know what could and probubly will happen. you have to take this chance to say goodbye. cause you wont get another chance." its tearing me apart... i could get hurt. i could get arrested. and i can think of thousands of things that could go wrong. but the thing is i can think of thousands of things that could happen to her out in her travels... and her sister is talking about getting her admited into a mental health hospital. my friend has already been admited like 6 times. and i know that if she gos back they could decide to keep her indefinatly. they can keep her from anywhere between 3 days to the rest of her life. so even if nothing really bad happens to her out in her homeless campain i still may never see her again. she is my most important friend. i would do just about anything for her. and i would do just about anything for one last chance to talk to her. i think im gonna have to take the risk to go see her. but dont worry. i talked to a friend of mine a but. he said he would be willing to give me a place to stay at night for like a week. its getting back home that will be the hard part. i also have family out there. so i have a little safty net. it wont take all the risk away but it will take some of it away. if i do this then ill be gone for a while. but ill message as soon as i get back. or as soon as i get access to a computer. and after this even if all gos well i wont be takeing any more risks like this for a long time.

i state that in a closeing thing cause im not sure if ill get any replys before i go. but if you have something to say to it then best to post soon. like before 5 pm west coust time. and after my friend leaves if i dont hear from her in like a month then maybe someone could help me lable her as missing. im very worried about her safty...

• 3 weeks later...

well. i went there for 2 weeks and i was happier then i ever thought posable. i had so much fun. i only got to spend like a few days with my friend which kinda sucks but i still had fun with the group she was staying with. i met so many people. i helped them out when i could and made new friends along the way. i really wish i could stay out there for a while. like maybe a month or so. the thing is that i cant. i know for a fact that i cant. mom wouldnt let me. i just know that pretty soon. like tomorrow probly. ill feel traped again...

Archived