Mental Support Community

dating site

Darkness

If anyone would be willing to critique this 'info about me' thing, I will give you a cookie and a funny picture... or maybe both.

this is it:

===============

I guess some noteworthy things about me is that I am 20, 5’ 6’’, 145ish lbs., blondish/brown hair, blue eyes, a fierce spirit, and an undying passion for whatever hold my interest at the time. I am also a writer, and am working on a book but it is still too far from being published, I am currently on the fourth draft. I enjoy genre films and music, as well as reading non-fiction and testing my wits in board and video games.

I’m a tenacious person, but also a patient one when it is warranted. I won’t waste long-suffering on someone who is intentionally out to harm me. For example, I am patient with someone messing up or eating up my time. But I am not with someone who insists on insulting or degrading me or someone I care about. I have a defined internal system of morality, but not ethics (meaning I value the virtue of an action rather than the social acceptance of the action).

I guess by far the largest thing I am looking for is religious tolerance. I find that my family and many of my acquaintances are fearful of what I believe; despite not knowing anything about it. I realize that that is to be expected, but just because something is one way doesn’t mean it should be.

I am a Satanist. If by chance there is another Satanist on here, I am more than willing to give you a shot. Theistic or Atheistic Satanist, it doesn’t matter, I am completely fine with it.

The best way to describe my beliefs is a mix of Theistic Satanism, Pantheism, and Gnosticism. Despite being religious, I take a great interest in some of the physical sciences; Physics and Astronomy often help give me a wider perspective in terms of my philosophical outlook.

Oh, and I like cats. And Linkin Park, and Cheese. Well ok, the cheese thing is a running joke, and I used to be into Linkin Park when I was younger so more than anything I listen to them for nostalgic reasons. But I do like cats. I don’t like though the mean ones as much though… yet I can always find their soft spot.

If you are interested, message me and we can exchange numbers for texting.

YANKEE ROSE

=================

creepy? yay? nay? seems arrogant? too weird, not weird enough?

Darkness,

I think it all looks pretty good except I would leave out the religious part. I just think that will end up becoming the entire focus of the person reading. I suspect there are lots of tolerant individuals out there if you get a chance to meet them but I fear they will not give you the chance to meet them unless they are Satanists themselves or know a whole lot about it and are fine with it.

So unless you are only trying to attract this latter group, I'd just bring up your religion once you meet.

Having said that, I'm a generation ahead of you. I've never come across a Satanist outside of you and I really don't know the first thing about it other than what I may have come across in your posts. Perhaps there are more in your age bracket, so who knows, maybe you're not limiting your choices that much. I guess it also depends on what kind of town you live in (culture/size/tolerance).

Sorry if this isn't too helpful.

Guest ASchwartz

Darkness,

Satanist or other, this is a mental help site. People come here because they are struggling with problems and want support and reassurance.

At first I thought you were a new person, a different "Darkness." Now I realize its you and I have edited my response. It's not appropriate to give the kind of URL that you posted. Remember, this is not a dating site. Also, the spirituality forum is a good place to discuss satanism or any other such spiritual or non spiritual issues.

Perhaps I don't understand your intent in this post, in which case, please explain better so I can understand.

Allan

I can't speak for Darkness, though I thought he was asking us about our opinions of what he'd written about himself so he could post to a different site. I don't think he intended to present himself here, as this is not a dating site, but rather he was looking for encouragement. Is that correct, Darkness?

Yes, I wanted to see how this presented. I thought this could be an alright place to get a critique. I would of on the writers forums I frequent, but this seemed to personal for there so I thought here would be a good place. I never gave a URL to anything,

I showed a somewhat different version to someone else, but didn't want to bother then again with it with the newer version.

That religion part was included and she said that if it was important to me I could include it and it didn't make it creepy.

The reason I am hesitant to remove it is because I think it would be better that I drive away a few people rather than get involved with someone and then they leave when they find out.

If I mentioned it only after we first met, that would be like a week of wasted time then if they decided to break it off.

Though the gal that read this the one time said that the last paragraph made me seem more down to earth and seemed to make me seem more centered.

I am more inclined to believe her about that part; she's a writer like me and has been more prolific in her writing then I have in the last 4 or 5 years.

You guys can see why I would include that religion part, right? I could change it to "left hand path" and get rid of the part describing how it is a mix of this and that and this.

Would that work better?

edit: this would be the new version.

I guess some noteworthy things about me is that I am 20, 5’ 6’’, 145ish lbs., blondish/brown hair, blue eyes, a fierce spirit, and an undying passion for whatever hold my interest at the time. I am also a writer, and am working on a book but it is still too far from being published, I am currently on the fourth draft. I enjoy genre films and music, as well as reading non-fiction and testing my wits in board and video games.

I’m a tenacious person, but also a patient one when it is warranted. I won’t waste long-suffering on someone who is intentionally out to harm me. For example, I am patient with someone messing up or eating up my time. But I am not with someone who insists on insulting or degrading me or someone I care about. I have a defined internal system of morality, but not ethics (meaning I value the virtue of an action rather than the social acceptance of the action).

I guess by far the largest thing I am looking for is religious tolerance. I find that my family and many of my acquaintances are fearful of what I believe; despite not knowing anything about it. I realize that that is to be expected, but just because something is one way doesn’t mean it should be. I am a theist who follows the Left Hand Path.

Despite being religious, I take a great interest in some of the physical sciences; Physics and Astronomy often help give me a wider perspective in terms of my philosophical outlook.

Oh, and I like cats. And Linkin Park, and Cheese. Well ok, the cheese thing is a running joke, and I used to be into Linkin Park when I was younger so more than anything I listen to them for nostalgic reasons. But I do like cats. I don’t like though the mean ones as much though… yet I can always find their soft spot.

If you are interested, message me and we can exchange numbers for texting.

Yankee Rose.

I suppose "Left Hand Path" means something to Satanists. Otherwise, it just sounds rather cryptic (to me anyway) - I suppose it would get a conversation started at least. It seems this would attract other satanists and neither repel nor attract others but perhaps raise questions early enough so you wouldn't have to "waste your time". So to me, it seems like the mix that you are going after.

It actually has a much wider meaning.

Wikipedia:

The terms Left-Hand Path and Right-Hand Path are a dichotomy between two opposing philosophies found in the Western Esoteric Tradition....

various esoteric groups, often with widely differing beliefs, could be considered to be followers of the LHP[left hand path].... Satanism... Setianism, the Typhonian Order, Luciferianism, some beliefs of the New Age movement, Chaos Magic, Feri... The Petwo cult of Haitian Vodou... forms of Taoism, forms of Hinduism such as Aghoris and Vamachara, forms of Buddhism like the Drukpa Lineage and Bön.

That means by calling myself this I could actually be saying that I am one of any of the over 10 different religious groups listed there.

So the only actual clue that I am a Satanist is the "Yankee Rose" at the end, but I think you may be right in your point there about it starting conversations. All that saying "Left Hand Path" really establishes is that:

Wikipedia:

*They often reject societal convention and the status quo, which some suggest is in a search for spiritual freedom...

*They often question religious or moral dogma, instead adhering to forms of personal anarchism. [8]

*They often embrace sexuality and incorporate it into magical ritual. [9]

Which kind of does make it cryptic in a sense, because that covers a WIDE RANGE of religions. But I'm probably veering slightly off topic now.

Though I think that is what I will go with; it makes is more ambiguous and I am more likely to get people to respond and get a chance to interact with me.

Archived