Mental Support Community

Is that it? "small penis" and male identity issues

feelingbetter

To any admin person who deals in this subject-- you guys see many threads by various guys struggling with penis size. Is there yet a concise compilation of information that can help anyone with this? It seems the forums just keep reinventing the wheel and badly I might add. Since there's so much talk on the web about it, I just wondered if any good info is available?

I'm sorry, f., I should have moved this thread to the "SP" section/forum :(. But the men who need to read it would find it here, too. I'm very sorry that you became so sceptical and deleted it :o... Don't you have it still on your computer? Anyway, you're welcome to participate in the discussions in that forum. I agree with you that they are probably most often "just keeping reinventing the wheel" and it would be good to have something like you propose/are asking about.

Here is a link to search results from MHN:

http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_index.php?idx=search&cx=partner-pub-7562235119508254%3A2ljsh7fisof&cof=FORID%3A11&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=small+penis+syndrome&sa=Search

I don't know, maybe there is also one long text about the issue among all these short ones.

BTW, I should note that... similarly as you say that people are just talking about the same in that discussions and that one concise compilation of information could help, you might say that people talking about depression or s/i or any kind of mental problem are doing the same and that there are lots of books that could help. Yes, the insights are always (or usually) useful and it's good when someone writes a good "compilation" or a text as yours, but... the reason why the people still keep struggling is probably that... we are each unique and need to be treated as unique and even when we have "the same" problems, each of us needs the place to express how (s)he's experiencing them, how it is in her/his particular case, ... everybody needs to be heared and it's always better to receive a personalized answer than just to read a text "for everybody". But this doesn't deny the relevance of your text at all!!! It was and would be insightful and it might help at least some people to realize what they didn't realize before or to see somebody expressing the same what they feel - this is always nice to see...

I'm sorry, f., I should have moved this thread to the "SP" section/forum :(. But the men who need to read it would find it here, too. I'm very sorry that you became so sceptical and deleted it :(... Don't you have it still on your computer? Anyway, you're welcome to participate in the discussions in that forum. I agree with you that they are probably most often "just keeping reinventing the wheel" and it would be good to have something like you propose/are asking about.

Here is a link to search results from MHN:

http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_index.php?idx=search&cx=partner-pub-7562235119508254%3A2ljsh7fisof&cof=FORID%3A11&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=small+penis+syndrome&sa=Search

I don't know, maybe there is also one long text about the issue among all these short ones.

BTW, I should note that... similarly as you say that people are just talking about the same in that discussions and that one concise compilation of information could help, you might say that people talking about depression or s/i or any kind of mental problem are doing the same and that there are lots of books that could help. Yes, the insights are always (or usually) useful and it's good when someone writes a good "compilation" or a text as yours, but... the reason why the people still keep struggling is probably that... we are each unique and need to be treated as unique and even when we have "the same" problems, each of us needs the place to express how (s)he's experiencing them, how it is in her/his particular case, ... everybody needs to be heared and it's always better to receive a personalized answer than just to read a text "for everybody". But this doesn't deny the relevance of your text at all!!! It was and would be insightful and it might help at least some people to realize what they didn't realize before or to see somebody expressing the same what they feel - this is always nice to see...

Thanks lala3 I do still have it on my computer. I was just thinking of a "basic text" to compile

current thoughts on sps to provide a kind of basic read for guys. Then, they could launch into more productive individualized discussions. I personally believe this disorder is much more deeply rooted and "sinister" than currently thought. I also think the answer to beating it lies in a basic reevaluation of ourselves as males, our worth and relevance in society and especially how our early childhood has affected our ability to view and interact with women. Unfortunately, many women also have an unhealthy view of the role of the guy in the relationship and can fuel his deepest fears. In addition, so many people refuse to acknowledge the existence of love, intimacy, etc, in a relationship. In the absence of these concepts, this syndrome will flourish and the hopes of defeating it are slim indeed. I have read through the articles on here and I hope to give my thoughts to Dr Schwartz to flesh these out and maybe make a positive impact in these guys lives and by association, the women they are with. I would also hope more women would realize this isn't the silly problem they think it is and recognize it ruins the lives of some perfectly good men.

Well I read your OP before you deleted it, and whilst I do agree that men's masculinity is somewhat repressed by young men due to society and feminists, I don't see the link between that and penis size.

I think how one projects themselves as a man has little to do with penis size. You can be a manly man and be rejected by women because of the size of your penis and not your personality. A big penis definitely helps with confidence though, and we all know women like nothing more in a man then confidence. So even though the larger penis may not necessarily be that big a deal to most women, a man with a big penis may feel more confident for the fact that he is packing big. That confidence draws women to him, but women aren't necessarily drawn to him because of his penis size, but his confidence. The man with the big penis may think it's because of his penis size, but often that may not be the case.

Skynight,

That's one reason I deleted it, because it was too succinct to adequately explain the links and what all I meant. This is a work in progress and this "problem" cannot be solved by a quick little forum rant (oh, if only it were that simple). It isn't so much that a young male is repressed as it is that he may not fully develop a healthy view of himself as a male and therefore is prone to develop inappropriate views of the role of his penis in determinating his worth as a man and a partner. This can lead to sps as well as the "i have a big penis therefore I am worth much" attitude. I think a healthy view of oneself as a male has to be divorced from the discussion of the role of ones penis in sex. May I ask if you are male or female?

Archived