Mental Support Community

I'm a Failure

Mr. Encyclopedia

Bleeding a little on my right arm from holding a razor blade to it. Wasn’t intending to punish myself but I obviously was putting more pressure on the knife than I had thought. My left arm is too deeply and badly scarred for it to be of any use for self-harming anymore. I’ve burned it and had it stitched together enough times that it is done. My right arm is still a virgin, though.

I feel like a failure. Every time I look in the mirror all I see is the broken, crooked, dented, scarred, and infected me. I hate my crooked teeth and can’t afford do do anything about it, and I hate having a skin disorder.

Moreover I feel like I don’t do anything right. I’m a hideous failure with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I hope you are safe and I pray for your peace of mind. Each and everyone of us have something about ourselves that we do not like, or we are very insecure about. That's what makes us human, right. These things do not make us failures, and the way you handle the situation doesn't make you a failure either. The only way to fail is to fail to try. I'm confident you can find positive things about yourself to focus on and not the idosecrecies. Please be safe and think more positive. Can you focus on something positive to keep you from SI that will keep your mind distracted and that will calm you down. We are here to talk to. Keeping your hands busy typing or chatting can keep you from SI. Hope you find inner peace today and praying for your comfort. Take care.

I feel like a failure. Every time I look in the mirror all I see is the broken, crooked, dented, scarred, and infected me. I hate my crooked teeth and can’t afford do do anything about it, and I hate having a skin disorder.

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. :( I'm listening and I hear you. Do you think you can find a space to offer yourself some comfort now? None of us are perfect.

Moreover I feel like I don’t do anything right. I’m a hideous failure with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

All of us make mistakes from time to time. That's part of being human. Doing so does not then attach "failure" to our person, though. Can you challenge this thought by considering your good qualities? All of us have gifts. What are yours?

I hope you are feeling better today.

• 1 month later...
Bleeding a little on my right arm from holding a razor blade to it. Wasn’t intending to punish myself but I obviously was putting more pressure on the knife than I had thought. My left arm is too deeply and badly scarred for it to be of any use for self-harming anymore. I’ve burned it and had it stitched together enough times that it is done. My right arm is still a virgin, though.

Hi, Mr. Encyclopedia. I like your username. Everyone's already made what seem to be pretty good comments. I just wanted to add that sometimes, the brain will believe exactly what you tell it. If you're telling yourself things like, "I'm a hideous failure with no redeeming qualities," you might believe it on some level.

Mr. Encyclopedia, whatever makes you do that, it's not worth! First of all, its your body and learn to live with it. Why been not satisfied, there is no perfect body on this known world. People is accepting you as you are but not because your body, its because your personality. Your personality is what makes you!

I hope you will be fine, and im sorry that you feel like that. Just, you have to see the point, dont look just in one direction.

Stay safe!

• 1 month later...

Hey.. i used to cut, and i understand why you feel you need to do it. Its the Rush that gets you high, somedays i miss it, but my scars of terrible. Its ok with how your feeling, i understand it. No ones perfect, thats how i get by everyday. Talking to a therapist mever helped md. You have to believe in yourself that your a wonderful person. No one can judge you but god. Smile and show people that you love who you are. Ppl love someone who good personalities, and you seam like a winner. We all have problems, cutting isnt the answer.. it feels good for a quick minute than your bacl to feeling worse about yourself. Throw the blades away and try drawing.. sounds stupid. But really try drawing, walking or reading something you enjoy! Keep your chin up;)