Mental Support Community

So, how was everybody's Thanksgiving?

Proverbs31:28

Just wondering how the holidays have treated everyone?

We did end up having Thanksgiving with a friend's family. They do an annual pig roast which was a totally new experience for my kids and I! The kids had a really good time- lots of stuff for them to explore on the farm. I had a few "episiodes" of anxiety but, there I was always able to slip away and regroup without anybody noticing. All in all, though, it was an OK day.

The kids and I did get the Christmas tree up on Friday and we are just going to chill for the rest of the weekend. I am glad we decided not to go out of town for the Christmas celebration. My kids have actually been okay with it which makes me feel better about the decision.

That's great to hear Proverb's, it's nice when we feel OK about our decisions. Well done. Although we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here I did have to venture to the city for work related matters. Like you Proverb' I too had a few 'episiodes' anxiety and I am very relieved to be home.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend chilling out

Take care

Confused12

On Wednesday at my dad's assisted living place, they had a thanksgiving dinner and it was terrific. Thursday for me was kinda quiet. I usually would have thrived on being alone but this year somehow it got to me.

Don't mean to be a downer here. Change in meds I guess, "this too shall pass"; Mom used to say that all the time. :)

I'm glad to hear y'all's Thanksgiving went well to both Proverbs and you, Dr. Dombeck. Proverbs, I like having an escape route as well, if I need some alone time. :)

Well, my mother died the Friday before Thanksgiving. I learned about it Sunday afternoon. I stayed in bed Monday and Tuesday, and didn't eat or drink anything.

But then, Wednesday, I went to a doctor, who prescribed something for bipolar disorder. My wife and her kids had a fairly pleasant Thanksgiving proper, and I'm back at work today.

So I'd just sum my Thanksgiving up as "weird".

Well, my mother died the Friday before Thanksgiving. I learned about it Sunday afternoon. I stayed in bed Monday and Tuesday, and didn't eat or drink anything.

But then, Wednesday, I went to a doctor, who prescribed something for bipolar disorder. My wife and her kids had a fairly pleasant Thanksgiving proper, and I'm back at work today.

So I'd just sum my Thanksgiving up as "weird".

Wow I am so sorry to hear about your mother! It is so tough to lose a loved one to begin with, but to lose them around the holidays is doubly difficult! I've been there and know this myself. *hugs*

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Malign and Wintersky,

Malign, I am also sorry to learn of the death of your mother. These losses are always painful.

My Thanksgiving was good, quiet this year, but good. Wintersky and all, how was yours?

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent!

I have the life that I want; the state of mind that I want.

I remarried in Sep 2005, after the demise of my first wife in Feb 2004. My new family -- I had none -- is very welcoming and very nice. Life really turned around after I married and moved to TX [ 1300 miles].

Christmas will be excellent as well.