Mental Support Community

looking for someone to talk to

I'm new to this community, so hello!

i have been battling with depression since i was 14, 23 now. i recently moved from my home in boise to twin falls for school. im glad i did it, but i didnt know it was going to be so hard, and set me back in my depression. i would really like to hear about ways to pull myself up, everything that helped before doesnt help now.

i am in the vet tech club at school and on the weekends we go back to boise. its just been a hard move and twin falls is so much more different than boise, and i dont feel like i can relate to anyone i go to school with.

i keep telling myself that i dont fit in, and just putting myself down like usual, but not having anyone to talk to or hang out with reinforces those thoughts. im trying to start a depression support group at CSI and im trying to make myself go to the archery shop i town and meet new people, and that will give me an activity.

The hard thing about the new town is making a fresh start, and finding new people that i can talk to and relate to, but all my classmates are so young and so much more different than me. I just dont know what to say and a lot of the people here i just dont even want to talk to.

I just joined. Wasn't sure what to expect. I guess I am looking for a miracle. I have suffered from severe depression the majority of my life. My life is totally out of control right now and I have no support system at all beside my therapist who I haven't been able to see for awhile.

I can't stop crying and I feel completely hopeless. I am so tired. I am 61 years old and I still feel like I don't fit in anywhere and that no "gets" me. I a not really sure how much I can say here because I don't want to anyone else down.

Welcome to all of our new members. :)

Gemini, would you like to start up your own thread?

I'm sorry you are feeling so sad. :( I understand it can feel very frustrating when no one gets you. You won't bring me down by expressing yourself more. I like to comfort others who are hurting. Would you like to talk more about your struggles?

Boarderchick, change can be so hard. :( It sounds as though you are being proactive in trying to help yourself adjust. That's a positive thing. It helps me in new conversations to talk about things I'm knowledgeable in or to discuss similar interests. For instance, you might ask other students what courses they are taking and how they like them. Likely the others there also have some fears. We're all human and we all struggle from time to time. I hope you make new friends and begin to feel more at ease in your new surroundings.

Take care, everyone.