Mental Support Community

School

Rose

Hello well I'll try to explain this as much as i can as its so long and complicated idek how to start it but its about school and my problems there are sometimes where i hate school because of many things like my marks in maths i started going down at studies when I was in 3rd grade after i got thyroid disease this year i did really awful in maths and i didn't know how to fix that i can't concentrate even if I try to so that causes bad marks which causes me to look like a loser I'm always late for class it really takes me a long time to get up sometimes I even need more than 10 hours of sleep coming to my second problem I'm so quite at class and I never go ahead and annoy or keep my nose in other people's buissiness but there's this one girl who one time well it all happened when my teacher asked me to go and write something on the board and after I did she said my handwriting was nice and that girl commented "what made it so nice?!" My relation with her is fine we're not friends but its ok we sometimes talk about general things also another thing my whole class knows about my low marks which makes me feel ashamed but they never speak about it actually my class are ok and nice coming to my third problem is my so called one of my friends she's likely changing me making me like her well let me describe her to you she's that pretty skinny girl with curly blonde hair and well dressed everyday she's a good friend and so nice to me but whenever she starts making fun of people and being so mean to the extent that she bullies them i feel guilty but I can't do anything about just staying quite looking down, we're not even that close sometimes she goes with other friends and i go with mine and sometimes both of our friends are together i knew her since kg 1 and now we're in 9th grade and sometimes I feel that she may be ignoring me but she isn't at the same time we have been friends for at least 2 years but i never felt that close to her, I mean she once ditched one of her best friends and she keeps making fun of her she's so childish and bipolar in treating you she would kill herself to be with those pretty rich girls and friend zone them for just a birthday gift. What is wrong with her what is she up to i can't really understand her

Help me with all the problems i mentioned please maybe it can somehow help me fix those things

Hi Rose. I think that's a pretty name, a pretty flower, and a pretty color. :-)

I'm sorry school is so stressful for you. :( I hope it helps to talk about it. Do you think it might also help you to speak with a school counselor?

...i hate school because of many things like my marks in maths i started going down at studies when I was in 3rd grade after i got thyroid disease this year i did really awful in maths and i didn't know how to fix that i can't concentrate...

I struggled mightily in Math too. I hear you that this can be discouraging. It must have been very hard being ill and trying to keep up with schoolwork. Could you get extra help perhaps? Doing the best we can is all any of us can do. Bad grades don't make anyone a "loser," though I do hear that this is upsetting for you. No matter what grades you do get, it doesn't reflect on who you are as a person.

when my teacher asked me to go and write something on the board and after I did she said my handwriting was nice and that girl commented "what made it so nice?!"

Perhaps the other girl felt upset or jealous with the attention your handwriting received? People will behave that ways sometimes and it can be hard to listen to, but it doesn't reflect on you in any way. It's great that your handwriting is neat. :-)

but whenever she starts making fun of people and being so mean to the extent that she bullies them i feel guilty but I can't do anything about just staying quite looking down,

It's good that you feel concern about the other people's feelings. These type of situations can be tough. Are you afraid you might lose this girl's friendship if you speak up in disapproval of her behavior?

I hope today has been okay for you, Rose. Take care.

Thanks IrmaJean for your feedback :)

Yes maybe it was hard i guess

I'm getting extra classes and all now and studying more and during the weekend to keep up :-)

When i got the maths results last time i bursted out crying in the class without a reason i dont even know why it wasn't about the marks because i never cried at exam marks i would always think in my mind "I have a chance in the up coming evaluation" and I never cried this way before i couldn't hold myself or my tears and when I tried to stop crying i couldn't do that I still don't know the reason for that can it be from stress or depression or something else?

Yes I guess maybe she was jelous or something i don't mind her that much

Last time i did that i spoke to her i think she stopped a little bit now, yes I am afraid if I loose her friendship to be honest but at the same time i also feel we're not very close friends but sometimes I think of it the opposite

Anyways thanks again for your reply (:

It sounds like you are working very hard. That is great. I hope you feel proud of your efforts. :-)

It's always okay to cry. I cry too sometimes. Were you able to connect with the feelings you were experiencing that brought tears? It helps me to try and tune into myself so I can understand what I might be needing. If you can, try to be very gentle with yourself and treat yourself with kindness. School can be stressful and you've been working hard. Sometimes tears happen and that's okay.

I hope you are enjoying the weekend. Take care, Rose.

Thanks again IrmaJean :)

Well thinking of it before I cried that day in the morning i woke up and still was so sleepy, and I sometimes keep thinking and keeping in mind that my past early childhood years were so beautiful and happy but a storm came and destroyed it all ; all of my family members cousins siblings grew older and became grown ups i just keep remembering how it was back then the cards we used to collect, the cartoons we watched, the holidays, adventurous memories and how nearly all of those people changed and would never go back as they were and close like they were, all and certain people passing out who were involved in those days and the environment back then and how people were the technology now became different and so did life so it changed, it can never go back as it was back then the cheerful days

This is what I've been always thinking of. I can't get over it

And thank you take care you too and I hope you're enjoying the whole week

I'm sorry you are feeling sad and missing times from your childhood, Rose. :( Are you able to reflect back on any memories and smile? Do you have friends at school now? Supportive family?

I see that you like to draw, read, and write. Self-expression can be a beautiful thing. Are you able to connect with your inner light when you draw and write? I enjoy writing poetry. It feels good to connect with myself. I hope you are able to connect with yourself and shine, Rose.

Thanks for your kind words and well-wishes. Take gentle care.

Thank u (: yes whenever I remember times from childhood i smile and feel sad at the same time too, yes I do have friends at school and a supportive family

Thank u, Yes I do whenever im sad and start drawing i just randomly end up drawing a sad face or writing I'll end up writing about a sad Neanderthals story or a Middle Ages homeless or peasant kids story or actually keep drawing the characters like a story , thank u (:

Take care and stay safe and thank u for helping and listening to me this is the least i can do to return favor (: