Mental Support Community

Diabetes and a Small Penis

itinaeroa

As long as I can remember I have not been able to maintain an erection for long. (it goes soft easily) I have been diagnosed with Diabetes recently and read that it can cause impotence. I'm wondering if i should talk the doctor about my concerns but there really isn't much that can be done that will lift my depressed state.

I'm thinking that if i didn't think about sex or desire it, it would help me be happy in myself but i don't know how to achieve that yet. Has anyone tried that? - The cessation of sexual desire.

If you have a medical problem, I do think you should consider talking to a doctor.

There are also things that doctors can do for depression that might be worth considering.

Sure, if you managed to eliminate desire for sex, you could make it possible for you to grow old and die lonely.

Why is that necessary, again? You think you're small; no woman has apparently ever seen it; and you are looking for a soul mate. Wouldn't a soul mate accept you just the way you are; isn't that the definition of soul mate?

By the way, I was a virgin at 40; there's no time limit as long as you're breathing.

Hi and thanks for your thoughts.

I'm not clinically depressed, just feeling a bit sad today, seeing the plight of so many men.

I know I 'm small as having tried a 'normal' condom on there is slack and room to move lol @ reality

I believe that true happiness comes from within, a contentedness with what you have, not what you do not have, that what is on the outside is not important in the big scheme of things.

I agree with you that if i find my soul mate then size would not matter. I have kinda given up 'seeking' in favor of oneness with myself.

Thank you for sharing with me when you lost your virginity. Keeping your virginity for the 'one' is important to me.

I would have said true happiness is more of a contentedness with what or who you are, not so much with what you have. Then, the inside is all that matters. But it's possible to be content with what/who you are, and still want to share with someone.

My virginity, or its loss, is no big secret, for me. I was keeping my virginity mostly because I was afraid of the alternative, to be honest, not through any particular moral stance. I lost it to the woman I later married, disastrously. So my personal viewpoint is that, as a human, it can be remarkably hard to tell which one is the 'one'.

I'd say, if you love someone, show them, in whatever way you feel is appropriate. Life is short.

ha... so is my.......

sorry... couldn't resist.... but I think sharing your life with others is important.

I agree being content is a good goal in its own right- it actually makes you more attractive anyway.

I have looked into supressing the sex drive too- even if this worked I doubt it would solve loneliness.

I dunno, just saw an advert for a documentary on a guy with only half a face.... guess he would love to swap with us I reckon....

I'm thinking that if i didn't think about sex or desire it, it would help me be happy in myself but i don't know how to achieve that yet. Has anyone tried that? - The cessation of sexual desire.

Cognitive dissonance.

I haven't had any form of sexual contact in nearly three years. Does that bother me? Absolutely not.

For whatever reason, I am not desireable to women. I can't change this, so I must learn to accrpt it. I get the feeling this applies to many here on the forum, but they seem intent on forcing a square peg into a round hole. For some, sex and/or relationships simply aren't in the cards.

Regardless, it doesn't matter whether you live the life of a wealthy and succesful playboy or a small-penised hermit; we all share the same destiny at the end of the day.

This may seem morbid and fatalistic, but it's the truth. Sometimes it's in our best interest to accept the hand we were dealt, and the limitations that come with it.

Try and enjoy the simple things. I'm sure you have hobbies and pastimes that you enjoy; focus on them. After a while, your desire for sex and intimacy may vanish.

Very few people even in relationships have happy endings. I fact I would say some of the loneliest people are the ones in unhappy relationships. Even if you have a somewhat normal relationship this “i don’t want to die alone” thing is over rated, everyone dies alone. Someone holding your hand and telling you its going to be ok while you are getting eaten alive by cancer doesn't make much diffidence lol

Having a big penis would be nice to have some fun with women though, I got robbed of this one I would say “only” joy in this life.

"Very few people ... have happy endings."

I would agree that very few people have every ending happy; most people break up with someone at some time. But no happy endings?

I also agree that one of the loneliest situations is to be in an unhappy relationship. But that's more a reason to change relationships than to assume they'll all be unhappy relationships.

"Someone holding your hand and telling you its going to be ok ..."

It made all the difference in the world to my mother. Yes, she still died.

Of course, what made the difference wasn't us, sitting there, feeling what we were feeling. What made the difference was how she felt about us.

You're not required to feel the same, but at the same time, don't expect to take away from others whatever they feel.

Cognitive dissonance.

I haven't had any form of sexual contact in nearly three years. Does that bother me? Absolutely not.

For whatever reason, I am not desireable to women. I can't change this, so I must learn to accrpt it. I get the feeling this applies to many here on the forum, but they seem intent on forcing a square peg into a round hole. For some, sex and/or relationships simply aren't in the cards.

Regardless, it doesn't matter whether you live the life of a wealthy and succesful playboy or a small-penised hermit; we all share the same destiny at the end of the day.

This may seem morbid and fatalistic, but it's the truth. Sometimes it's in our best interest to accept the hand we were dealt, and the limitations that come with it.

Try and enjoy the simple things. I'm sure you have hobbies and pastimes that you enjoy; focus on them. After a while, your desire for sex and intimacy may vanish.

Cognitive Dissonance = The discomfort experienced from the conflict of two or more cognitions

I never knew there was a term to explain my circumstances - very interesting.

Am I correct in hearing that you have no sexual activity even with yourself? I would find that difficult.

I do try to occupy myself with hobbies. Fortunately I have many hobbies but the inspiration that drives them is numbed by medication.

Only thing that would give me any comfort and has given comfort to people who i saw dying of cancer was massive doses of morphine. So sorry if i don't agree. Plus mother or father dying to cancer will put on brave face not to give to much pain to the people they love, what they really feel inside is much different...