Mental Support Community

Screeching Baby

YOTH

My baby is going through a screeching period. It's quite possibly most annoying sound on the planet and I haven't slept properly for weeks. I get that it's their first communication stage and it'll pass, but fuck me it's tiring. It actually gnaws at my brain. It's made equally annoying as he does the same screech for 'change my nappy' that he does for 'Im bored'.Β 

And he's just woken up as I'm typing this πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I know exactly what you're talking about and it is the loudest, most cutting, screeching noise I've ever heard. I've had to sit by them on airplanes and in stores, I seem to be a magnet for them. When myΒ sister had her baby it did the same thing and I remember my brother in law talking about that. I don't like being around babies or young kids in general. It takes a lot of guts being a parent so πŸ‘πŸ‘

I don't like being around babies or young kids in general, they're annoying af. But you kind of have to at least pretend with your own kids πŸ˜‚. I think I'm just bored atm, that and tired. I wanna sit playing the PlayStation drinking lager and chilling out, but by the time I get on the game it's late, by the time I get off the game it's the morning. I need a nanny, so I'll have to win the lottery or something lol.Β 

I remember when I flew with my son for the first time. We were flying from Florida to NY so he could meet his grandparents. He was 4 months old and I was only 24 years old at the time, I believe. He shrieked for the entire flight. :/ Nothing I did would calm him; it was awful. I felt terrible about it and I don't think I made any friends on that flight. I found out a few years later that J got motion sick and probably felt very nauseous during flight, explaining all of the tears.

Is your baby teething? Trying new solid foods? Sometimes it's difficult to know what might be making them so uncomfortable. In the meantime, I hope you are able to take some quiet time to yourself. I hope your son feels more comfortable soon and is less fussy. Take care, YOTH.

Edited by IrmaJean
Typo. I blame the Samsung.

@IrmaJean It's just a phase and he is teething which must be horrible, but when the days and nights are one long screech fest it kind of wears us down. Doesn't help that my eldest lad has his own stuff going on and it increases the tension between us all so we're quick tempered and snappy with eachother all to an unbelievably loud and obnoxious screechy soundtrack. My eldest was a saint compared to my youngest. Worlds apart. But I guess that's just the tapestry of life. He's such a cute baby as well, but bring so far from our parents on both sides is a pain. I'd love to just drop the buggers off at my mum's house, ring the doorbell and leg it lol.Β 

@Small I've tried patching him but he won't update afterwards. I just put him in the bath, dried his hair and dressed him in clean clothes. I shit you not, 10 minutes later he was covered in shit and the whole process started again. Rugrats play by different set of rules lol