Mental Support Community

how to delete thread

OCDmom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi IrmaJean,

This one requires more thought since it also involves deleting the writings of numerous other people. In this case, it may be best to PM Mark and see what he thinks. If a thread only has the 1 entry, it's much easier to justify, but when others write in, then new issues surface for everyone. PM Mark please.

In the meantime, you can easily delete your posts and just write something like "BUMP...." to make sure get the requisite 6-8 characters to post. This should take your post out of the public forum.

These things happen and I sometimes change my avatar to protect others or even myself. Good luck.

It's okay. We can leave it then. I just start feeling squirmy when I realize how wide open I've been in that thread. Oh well. Lesson learned. Be careful posting on the internet when you're in the middle of an emotional event. It was helpful to me, though, so I can't honestly say that I regret it.

Edited by IrmaJean

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fouranchors,

The easiest way to manage your account is to simply abandon it. It will soon pass into the annals of the forum. My hope is that you are voluntarily leaving (I would prefer you stayed however) and not as a result of someone having said something that has resulted in this decision.

Good Luck,

David

• 4 months later...
Guest Star9DeAtH9wIsH
Fouranchors,

The easiest way to manage your account is to simply abandon it. It will soon pass into the annals of the forum. My hope is that you are voluntarily leaving (I would prefer you stayed however) and not as a result of someone having said something that has resulted in this decision.

Good Luck,

David

Delete all my posts and account please

Personally, I move that we leave Star9DeAtH9wIsH's posts the way they are, now.

Words have consequences, and I'd rather not erase it all so that she can convince herself she did nothing wrong, and that the world is just the way it was when she joined.