Mental Support Community

So so stressed

goose

I am feeling so stressed this week. It it going to take very little to send me over the edge - I don't want to follow my normal routine in these situations (taking a hand-full of ******).

The stresses I believe are out of my control : My Dad's deteriorating health, my 13 year old son's ongoing assessment for Aspergers, the behaviour of my 16 year old ADHD son, my daughter is troubled and I don't know why, my husband's refusal or inability to involve himself in his children's lives.

Normally I love Christmas and everything about it, but without my dad's involvement this year it seems pointless, he is a very central person in our family, I just don't know anymore.

Goose

Hi Goose. I'm sorry things are so stressful right now. I can relate to the feeling that sometimes life just won't give you a break. Do you ever get the chance to get away from your worries at home even for just a little while? Go out and have some quiet time for you? Doing whatever it is that you find enjoyable, pleasurable and relaxing? For me if I can step back for a few hours and breathe, it helps recharge my batteries so I can better deal with the stressors of everyday life. It's tough being bombarded with everything all the time. I hope things ease up for you.

How is your dad feeling now?

Hey Goose,

Im sorry things are bombarding you so much right now. its very stressful when you have a lot on your plate :)

Do you still have contact with a therapist or someone that you can talk things through with ?

You know we are all here and will happily listen to you hun, and offer a ear, or a shoulder. A problem shared............... (well you know how the saying goes :))

Christmas, kinda dreading it myself its just not going to be right for me this year. But you will be ok goose, your very strong, much stronger than you realise. It will be undoubtidly difficult, and emotions will be high, but if anyone can get through this ~ its you.

Maybe you could bring a mini Christmas to your dad. Im sure the nurses and doctors would be understanding, that way your dad would still be and feel involved. :)

Were all here for you goose, and we do care about you.

take care hun

sue

Thanks for your encouraging replies.

I suppose I'm just in shock after our meeting with my dad's doctors. His prognosis is poor, he has had multiple strokes, he will never go home. I visit him every second day and sometimes it is just to watch him sleep for 10 minutes or if im luckly he is awake and I get a smile.

Anyhow I have stopped feeling sorry for myself and must organize refferals for my 13 year old, meetings with the school to see he gets everything he needs. Have a chat with my daughter to see whats bothering her, I am ignoring the 16 year old for the moment cause I can't cope with him at the moment.

Doing something for myself? Well at the moment talking to lovely people on here helps.

Goose

Hey Goose,

Just wondering how you are.

I'm sorry your dad isnt going to be able to go home. :(. I hope that with the right care and treatment he can make little improvements in time.

Goose you wasnt feeling sorry for yourself, you never do. Its ok to express when things become overwhelming, and you have so much on your plate right now. Were here for you, we might not always know the right words but we do all care :)

Take care hun

sue

Archived