Mental Support Community

My first avatar here

Catmom

Hi guys!

I have been a member here since April 2008 and never got around to putting up an avatar until now. I am very proud of mine which is a photo of my little female Papillon, Emma, who just turned 3 years old on December 31.

Even though my screen name is "Catmom," I am also a dogmom to my little darling. She has graduated from beginning and intermediate obedience and agility classes (with flying colors, I might add). In addition, she is certified by the American Kennel Club as a Canine Good Citizen (CGC). :cool: She achieved this last by passing about a 10 part official test of things like accepting a stranger, walking politely on a loose lead, among others.

She isn't always perfect, but she is darn good.

She was so easy to train, I couldn't believe it. I was sure I would need much more patience and repetition to teach her to sit, lie down, etc on command.

Can you tell I am just bursting with pride? :)

Catmom (& Dogmom, too!)

I had the feeling you might respond to my post, Allan, since I know you are a dog lover yourself. :)

I can't remember, did you ever say you got another Golden Retriever after your therapy dog died? For myself, even though I know I will probably outlive my dogs, I choose to always have one.

Catmom

"It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Lord Tennyson

Emma is beautiful and very smart too:) I have 2 little dogs, who are my babies, i call them my girls since I have no human daughters.

My avater has my Yorkie , Suzi , she will ne 2yrs old in March . SHe is a high energy little dog, and a great protector. I have a little Shih Tzu who will be a yr old in April. She follows me everywhere, and has a very sweet temperment . I'd like to train he rto become a certified therapy dog, she is the mellow one , and such a little sweetheart . Miely is her name , and she is a AKC baby .

I love animals , always have. I had cats for a long time, until we found out my son is highly allergic to them. Now it is all about our little dogs who bring such great joy, and uncondional love to my son and I.

I stronly feel that if a person is very sad and depressed does not like leaving the house, or has other things going on emotionally, and dog is the best medicine of all .

I know I am mscat, but that is because of working with small children for yrs, who I was called Ms. Cathy , For 20 yrs .LOL

Archived