Mental Support Community

1 Month

So it has been a while since I was on last. The past few month have been a crazy ride but well worth the trouble.

I ended things with my fiance, and as a result I have found myself 31 days clean of weed & oxycontin. I'm drug free for the 1st time in almost 4 years.

I have also found myself free of majority of my anxiety issues and have managed to find my way back into a social life.

Anyways... Just thought I would share the good news.

Tay

• 3 weeks later...

For the most part, I believe that I found myself much too comfortable in my surroundings. I was in a slump, so used to my routine of coming home, being with my ex, and doing drugs. Anything outside of that was really scary. Now that I have broken free of that environment, I have no choice but to go out and keep busy. My biggest problem has always been anticipation, and it still is, but rather than using my ex as a tool to get out of things I am forced to get out there, and when I'm in the moment, I'm always having fun. I may be nervous on my way to hang out with people, but I don't have a crutch or someone to use as a shield. When I am not around the people that do drugs (my ex) I have zero desire to do them or find them. The fact that the drugs aren't an issue anymore has also helped me incredibly. I'm not paranoid about who I'll be around and if they'll notice, or when I'll be able to get back home and get high again. As of now, I am on day 52 of cleanliness!

Getting clear of an addiction is never easy - but it does get easier with time. Well worth keeping to it, believe me. Best regards, JR.

Best regards,

Good to see your post, JR. :) And taybkc88, I second what John said. If you hang in there, you be be rewarded in ways you cannot even imagine now.

I am glad you are reaching out socially since isolation fosters addiction like nothing else.

In fact, I recently read the best definition of addiction I have ever seen:

Addiction is a substitute for intimacy

This would include the intimacy of being a friend to oneself.

Best wishes on your continued healthy choices for your life.

Catmom

• 1 month later...

Archived