Mental Support Community

Words Of Support

Guy Out There

Hi everyone,

I went for an appointment with the team who are treating me to see a doctor who we all thought would prescribe some meds for me and make things better. In fact he has decided i need to spend a couple of weeks in the hospital for lots of tests.

Those of you who know me will know that i have bad experiences with hospital in the past when i was treated badly and it has left me in absolute fear of returning. Worse too is the fact i have to take time off work which will not look good especially because i'm trying to get back in the good books after flipping out at my boss (this included doing lots of overtime for no extra pay).

I'm just feeling so stressed, so upset, what if all the things i have believed in are suddenly revealed to be just a fraud? The walls of my life i've come to live within just falling away and what is on the outside, beyond these walls? I don't know, i would feel so stupid.

I don't want to go but i've agreed to go voulentry, oh that also means you won't be seeing me around for the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for listening, come morning i'll be locked away, out of my comfort zone and residing in constant fear, i know i must not try and escape but this will be very hard to resist.

At least they said they won't drug me, thats something positive to focus on perhaps?

Guy, not only do I think this can turn out okay, I think that you can contribute to that outcome. Tell the team what happened to you before. It can't make things worse, and with the knowledge of why you're so uncomfortable, there's a good chance they can make it at least a little easier for you. If you hold it in, you're stuck with only the solutions you can come up with on your own.

Good luck to you, and I hope you feel better afterwards. You know where to find us. :-)

If it's any consolation, the first hospital my child ended up at was not a pleasant experience for anyone. However, they did have to go to some other hospitals after that and all of those hospitals were substantially better than that first one. I hope this one will be a good one for you and you'll find some effective (and non-traumatizing) help.

~ Namaste

hey Guy,

good luck hun :rolleyes:

Can you take yer laptop in with you, I know that was my little luxury, last time I was admitted, and it was a godsend :)

As far as words of wisdom go, well I dont really have any, just try and keep positive that this time round things will be ok, and keep reminding yourself its only for 2 weeks, and that time will pass soon enough. :D

Take care

Guy - you've probably left already, but I wanted to wish you well there and we'll be here when you come back. :)

I also want to second what malign said. Tell someone about your last experience and how you are worried the same sorts of things will happen again. Psychologists are usually sympathetic to this sort of thing. If you are anxious about it, tell the doctor that and why.

I hope it all goes well, thinking of you.

Hi everyone,

I didn't get chance to reply before you left but i did read though all your posts and thank you all for wishing me well.

As it turned out i told the nurses about my previous experiences and they made an extra effort to make me feel comfortable, at the end of my short stay i have a mixed outcome.

While they haven't said what is wrong with me or the result of the tests (have to wait for those) i feel at long last all those bugs about going to hospital have at finally been put to rest.

I have had a pleasant stay, so while i'm still not recieving treatment i am closer to that milestone we call 'a normal life'.

I know what you say about the word 'normal' but i think for me i will know what 'normal' is because everybody has a different idea about that..

Archived