Mental Support Community

How can I raise my low blood suger?

Ethnicgirl4life

I'm afraid mscat's right, Ethnicgirl: there's a reason people eat 3 meals a day, and that's to maintain an even blood sugar level. There's no reason they have to be big meals, but spreading them out helps keep your levels steady.

I'm afraid mscat's right, Ethnicgirl: there's a reason people eat 3 meals a day, and that's to maintain an even blood sugar level. There's no reason they have to be big meals, but spreading them out helps keep your levels steady.

But Its hard to even eat small meals

I just can't keeping fighting Ed

An I give up

I feel like healthy is wrong and also the Ed is intense

Hi there,

I am so sorry you are struggling with your ED . Are you getting professional help? IMHO, a professional can give you a lot more then we can in this community. Perhaps even, an inpatient ED treatment program. Have you ever thought about that? A big problem with ED's is that eventually the ED takes over ones life , and can actually distort ones thinking and thought process. The longer a person has a ED the stronger it gets . The more risk of health problems , which only will continue to get worse.

I know I have mentioned to you in the past that I personally struggled with Anorexia and Bulimia for years. So I understand what this is like and all about. You got to want to change and give up the ED for yourself first , before you are going to get better. Your the only one who is control of you.

EthnicGirl,

Ed's inside of you, isn't it?

Then, by definition, you're bigger than he is. :-)

You can beat him.

But you have to come to grips with why "healthy" seems wrong to you. Is it wrong for everybody, or just you? And why are you different?

Those are things you need to deal with. You're not going to make changes just because someone tells you to, even if that someone is yourself. Change won't happen until you want it to.

I am really glad that you are recieving outpatient treatment. Is this helping you get better? Are their group therapy? Are they teaching you ways to eat healthy w/o fear? And most importantly, are you able to accept a new you ? Change your eating habits and thinking?

I notice that some off the things you post are not reflecting any positive changes, and that the worries are still there surrounding food intake and not feeling like your able to even eat at all. That is why I was wondering if more of a entensive ED program would be better for you .

Peanut Butter and Orange Juice, as a last resort. I have low blood sugar, low iron count, and low vitaman E. The best thing is a good meal, but there are some days I honestly forget to eat. If that happens, I get reallllyyy sick and woozy and almost pass out. I really really REALLY don't want to eat anything, but a spoonful of peanut butter usually helps even me out enough so I can get some real food. After you eat it though (or drink the oj), you'll feel really tired because you just leveled everything out really fast and overworked your body. Don't sleep--find something to eat!

Hope that helps! :)

~Song

Yea they r helping an teaching me those things

And I'm bein considered for inpatient and I'm goin to soon be on meds

I don't do group therpy

I'm willing to recover

Do you know what the meds are suppose to do for you ? Glad they are helping you learn healthy ways of eating. If you have to put on weight then do it slowly . Here is hoping your learning self acceptance and working on deeper issues that got you hooked up in a ED in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ASchwartz

Hi Everyone,

Yes, I'm back from vacation.

Is the question, "how to raise blood pressure?" I have an answer:

First, get married, and second, have children. If that don't raise blood pressure, nothin will.:D

Allan:D

Ok Ethnic Girl, Allan had the wrong part of the body system, you asked about blood sugar not blood pressure...

You need to drink orange juice or something else that has sugar in it. If you are on any meds, you need to check with your Dr, sometimes it could be a side effect???

Mine now has recently been high, we are checking adrenal gland function especially because if the adrenal gland doesnt work it can affect the blood pressure, sugar and also could explain alot of uncontollable anxiety and the fight of flight response... which I sooooo have!!!

Anyway, my point, it could be just the sugar or soemthing else that uis wrong that is causing you to have the low sugar... Check with your Dr...

Archived