Mental Support Community

Very odd situation...

Rman34

Well I name this situation very odd for certain reasons that I will explain as go on..

Okay, so a few nights ago I went to a friends house to just visit and so on, he invited me to a party that he was going to So I was like sure why not. Now there is was this girl there, not going to say any names, but we have met a few times and she has always been very sexual attracted to me. Now I think this is odd, since well I am a man, and she is a women right? Well, usually it is the man that is the "Horn dog" so to say, but no she was all over me, despite me saying no multiple times trying to converse me into sleeping with her. I rejected her advances sever times, then she got mad at me, nothing major just kinda upset. Well the next day I am still at my friends house, she shows up. Once again she is all over all, you know trying to kiss me, feel up on me and so on. Now do not get me wrong, she is very attractive and fun. But I am not one to jump into sex right away. I know it sounds odd for a 22 years old. I suppose the over all question going on in my mind is..why me? There is lots of other men out there that she could sleep with why is she is fascinated by me. I mean I am not rich, I am averaged looking and so on. I just can not seem to put any kind of sense to this situation as to the bottom line is, I do not wish to sleep with her. I suppose what I am really looking for, is some incite into this situation.

Haha, easy for you to say. But I did ask her, she did not give me a direct answer, and I know I should take it as a compliment. But if she is only interested in me for sex, as she said. Why me, why not some other man. I am more then sure some one else could get her what she wants. As far as why it made me feel uncomfortable, because this happens to me alot, women just want a one night stand with me and then nothing else. I am looking for relationship, some one to be with you know? Not just a "sex buddy" par-say. And yes most guys would love to be in my place, well I am not like most guys.

I think I understand your problem: You want a girl who wants you because it's you, because she feels you would be happy together, ... and not only because she's superficially attracted and wants to spend some pleasnt nights...

Maybe it's not so very important to understand the motivation of this particular girl; it's more important to see if she's the one you'd love to be with and if she also wants a relationship like you. Is she in love or just wants "to have fun for some time"?

But I am not one to jump into sex right away. I know it sounds odd for a 22 years old.

I wouldn't say it sounds odd :D. It sounds good (at least "in the ears of some of us") ;). It sounds responsible and rational. (BTW, 22 is still very young...)

women are probably interested in you, and just like you, these women may believe that they are offering you what "most 22 yr old guys want". Why not just say your not into the whole "f-buddy" thing and (if your interested in getting to know them) ask them out on a real date. Most girls would love that.

I'm going to get a lot of flack for saying this but I'm going to anyway. The best way to get into a relationship with a girl is to get all the physical stuff out of the way first. From there, you can decide how far the relationship goes. Everything before that means you're just friends. And then you'll hit the point of no return... the friend zone!

Now if you're not into her in any way, then just tell her no and move on.

As for why she likes you... as the saying goes, there's a top for every pot. And women's tastes in particular are much more varied than men's.

Thanks for the responses, it did offer me alot of incite and view points of others. Well, just to update on what is going on. We did have sex, I mean do not get me wrong I love sex as much as the next guy. So I took a dive and it turned out to be great, the sex was the "ice breaker" so to say, it got her to open up more and tell me how she felt and turns out she is really into me, we got to talking and I just layed it all out everything about how I felt. She was cool it, which was a big relief to me. The relationship between us is stil pretty young but hell lets see where it goes from here. It is better to love and learn then to sit and wonder "what if". Some times a man just needs to break his own moral code. She took me to meet her parents, she met mine. I suppose over all I was just nevus, my last relationship was hell and ended pretty badly. And yes I am man, but I have feelings so it made me emotionally weak when it came to relationships, taking extra caution.

Rman,

I think a prior bad relationship makes both men and women nervous. I think 'holding back' is quite common when that is the case. Just keep the lines of communication open and you'll be fine.

Anyway, somehow your situation reminded me of this song:

I wish you the best....

I have to agree, my last relationship ended pretty badly. When I love I pour my heart into it, I give it my all. I just can't help it. But we have been dating for a few weeks now and everything is going great she is really into me, and I love her with ever fiber of my being. Today is the first day we have been apart I miss her like crazy already. Sorry I know I am being all mushy but I really do love her, she is not like most women I have met, she feels like the other half of me that has been missing. My mental state has been improved as well, I feel more confident, happy, I feel like superman nothing can bring me down. I know it is soon, but we was looking at places to move into, not right away but just keeping it in mind.

Ps.

That was a very nice song, and it did decibe in a lot of ways how I feel and felt.

Archived