Mental Support Community

Real people only - others need not apply

Athena

A while back a friend on this site absolutely insisted there were people who were just messing with people's minds here. He even (in jest) suggested I may be a fat balding russian guy or something to that effect. In fact it was a very entertaining discussion on his thread. But I found out later it was a real concern of his.

I tend to be a very trusting person (unless somebody is obviously untrustworthy) until somebody shatters that trust. Finding out some people are here just to torment/play with/laugh at/manipulate others here, many who have serious mental health issues - is frankly sick sick sick - and please, just GO AWAY!!!! And take your drinking buddies with you, if this site has been your evening/weekend entertainment.

That also goes for signing on as another user to spy on somebody you may have had a relationship with here. I sure hope the mods are watching for this. But then again, there are ways around this so I guess we just never know who may be 'watching' us so we should act accordingly.

Recent events here have me, well quite frankly - SPOOKED! Trust is gone. Once I get paranoid, there is no end to the crazy scenarios I can build. My biggest fear - being spied on by those who are out to bury me. Can't even trust people at the PM level apparently. When a person leads others to believe they are somebody totally different, how does one process that? My first reaction. Be very, very, very careful. What other lies lie buried here and to what end?

Paranoia reigns supreme.

I use to view this place as just that actually, just another place that if someone finds out about they can just use it to hurt me, but you know something; if someone finds out who you are you can always create a new profile if you really need to. Also if a person is that nosy to find out about this place it must mean they care about you. Also so what if someone is laughing no one knows who you really are, and they are laughing they are a shitty person if they do that. And if they give you good advice who cares, who it is, it could be a fat he/she who is f**king themselves while talking to you. The point is it is anonymous in which case if one says they are a girl when they are or if someone is laughing at you really shouldn't matter, it's simply paranoia, yes it could all be true but how would you ever know and why does it matter that much when the two people talking dont know who each other really is.

Sorry kind of restating a lot I guess, just wanted to make point clear.

Flander - Thanks.

Sedsed - some really good advice. I suppose I can live with being toyed with. Just wish I knew I was part of the entertainment, I'd dress for the part:D !

Anyway, it's REAL people who know me who scare me more though. My biggest crises are and have been due to being deceived and lied to. I am getting so paranoid, my sister thinks I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I'm beginning to think that my perception of reality, existence and others is completely wrong. Yah, I'm probably just one voice away from what my sister fears:eek:. Then my therapist tries to get me to 'imagine' that he really cares. Well, since I can't 'prove' that he does, it's all just a matter of my own perception anyway. Why not pick the perception that makes me feel good instead of lousy? Answer - I've tried, and it comes back to one thing. I just can't bring myself to trust people who are in a position to cause me a lot of pain. Been there, done that - got majorly burned - emotionally, financially and physically.

what is real?

Ive came here the first time for some support and whanted to talk to ppl in similar situations. Ive gotten always good feedback from real ppl and not so real as u say.

I havent seen no one laughing about others at least the post ive read i sometimes dont take some post serius so i dont post, or sometimes i dont have anything to say. Maybe there are ppl with fake identidys inventing deases and problems but in the bottom i think they do got a problem coz if someone has the time to invent a person, an illnes read about it and stuff just to make a post for some support i do belive they have a problem perphaps not the illness they mention but another problem and maybe those words of supports, or giving some makes them feel better i dont really know.

I find ppl that arent real in the outside world to, lying, inventing lifes they dont have, pretending, so im not getting scared or paranoid just because someone got in here and pretended to be what the wherent. I dont know whos real but if he/she is reading stuff of my illnes and others an taking time to answer something positive i just have to say that u dont need to pretend. Be ur self and support ppl if that is ur nature.

Or if u are feeling loney an need a friend u just have to say so, u dont need to be ill to ask for someone to talk. I feel loleny my self sometimes and i love to talk to ppl with no other intention of talking.

So to everyone out there that is not what they say u dont need to pretend to be acepted, yes i think this forum is for ppl with problems and mental illness, but if lolenyness is ur disease or what ever that takes u to invent a new personality u are welcome to, but show ur self how u are.

I don't think you're wrong. Unless/until they unmask themselves. Then it just shakes up your sense of reality and trust. Especially if they invent problems that some here are struggling with. It can feel like it makes a mockery of peoples' problems. It can feel like they're making fun of you. And if they lead you into a relationship with them, there's potential for real serious hurt. But I guess that goes for anywhere on the internet. I think I simply prefer not to know. I guess that's why somebody came up with the phrase "Blissful Ignorance". Hmmmm - maybe I should apply that to my therapy, it might go a little more smoothly...:).

Ignorance = hapyness.

The more I know, the more i travel, the more i read, the more i see, the more i ask, the more i study i feel more sad.

Besides that, yea i dont like the fact of inventing deases that others have u can say ur a He but in real life ur a She, but if ur problems are the ones u post then its ok, the name dosent matter i think we already know that most of us dont have real names.

But yes i try to understand but i just cant, u can invent a happy story just to make someone feel good theres no need to invent illness so they sympathise with u.

I dont know.

I like to give 2cond chances, but yes some comments of other ppl in here makes me doubt of giving another chance. I wont kick u out of the forum im not Allan i dont have that power i will just ignore.

Eppursimuove,

I see you've read the "Important Discussion". I didn't want to be the one to burst people's bubble so I apologize for being so cryptic but that's why I was. But I just couldn't stay silent either because my first reaction was to 1) vent and 2) warn people on a public thread - in general. Anyway, I'm glad I did it the way I did because I found your comments (and others who replied here) so helpful, not just for how I relate on this site but elsewhere too. You may not have said what you said had you known.

I only know that I know nothing, but yes u did well i think its something to take note, coz i maybe be ok if she replys to my post even if i belive or not belive in what she says, but some ppl may not like it so its better to know. Besides I whant to belive her, coz ive read her posts.

But I truly dont belive in her, i only think shes bored, this happends a lot in facebook ppl pretending to be others, famous or good looking ppl just to have attention and more friends, either way its not been paranoid but theres a lots of scams in internet, what if insted of a She with 3 childrens, a He with some serius crazzy toughts trying to meet with some ppl of the forum that trust, and doing who knows what.

Maybe im going to far.

If I think a little more about it, i can say ignorance can be a bliss in a certaing way, but i prefer knowledge and what makes me sad is not the fact that i know stuff, is that i think i dont know enough what makes me sad. I prefer a life with tumblings in the road that something linear that would just bore me more.

So maybe if I ignore things i can feel more satisfied but i know i woulnd be happy, so i go with the hunger for more and maybe someday this will pay off.

Yes, I'm like that too. Just beware of 'the gap'. It's the distance between where you are and where you want to be. Because the second you get where you want to be, you set a higher bar for yourself, and there will be another gap and the cycle keeps repeating. That can lead to never feeling satisfied with yourself. Remember to look back and see how far you've come.

Archived