Mental Support Community

Upcoming Holidays

Lana73

I was wondering how each of my cyber friends are planning to celebrate holidays.

I don't really celebrate Christmas, but New Year is the biggest holiday in my country. Due to the recent and not so happy events in my life, I was planning to go to sleep on New Year's eve. My very good and extremely funny group of friends invited me to go to Lake Tahoe with them (beautiful place in the US). So, I am thinking about going and trying to have a good time without getting myself in any kind of trouble :(

What about the rest of you? Any exciting plans?

I'm working this Christmas and New Year's as well. Usually we have a big dinner or celebrations the day before. Sometimes the kids wait until I get home to open presents. My brother will be visiting sometime with his wife and children so that will be nice. New Year's Eve...We don't drink and I've never been much of a party-goer, so we'll probably just stay in and have some eggnog. :( Works for me. :( I hope everyone has a peaceful holiday season.

Have fun, Lana. :)

Lake Tahoe sounds amazing, Lana. Hope you have lots of fun. As for me, we'll just have my parents over on Christmas for dinner (trying hard not to stress out over that) and probably have a quiet evening on New Year's Eve -- I far prefer to stay home, where I'm guaranteed a good meal and I can have a couple of drinks without worrying about driving...:)

Lana, sounds like you're going to have a great time and bring the New Year in with a bang!:D

My plans are to stay at home with the kiddos, but I'm excited about it. The holidays will be bright thanks to a group of special friends that we know.:)

The last few years, me and my daughter stay up on New Years Eve so that she can be the first to give me a hug. Simple New Year's tradition but very special.

Archived