Mental Support Community

hearing things?

outsider

i hear voices all the time. they use to be great. telling me that im strong and that i can make it through these problems no problem. but then they turned on me. i wish i knew why. now they tell me things that i cant repeat here. as for what i do about them. i talk to my friends and listen to them instead. im lucky to have such understanding friends.

I constantly hear voices - my medications help to keep them at a bearable level. Its hell. I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy :(

I mean would you like hearing people telling you to do stuff thats harmful to yourself 24/7, 7 days a week - with no volume control or on an off switch.

Its scarey, completely maddening. Ive been hearing voices for a couple of years now, and its not nice - I dont look to see where the voices are coming from as much anymore, coz mostly Im aware these days that only I can hear them, but at times they still catch me off guard.

What to do with the voices - in a ideal world ignore them. This isnt a ideal world though, and its hard to keep fighting against them - its completely draining. Im not proud of this but it gets to the point where all I can do is what they tell me too. In hope that they will go away as quickly as they came 2 frigging years ago.

Why did you want to know???

Are you hearing things?

Take care

I know I'm paranoid. I don't know how to not be and I think I have good reason to be. I'm very worried I don't have a handle on things anymore and it's getting to be problematic. I do not want to take drugs. I have a hard time believing it could just be my brain doing this on its own.

whats happening to make you feel so worried?

Are you hearing things or just curious about those that do?

Sorry I cant quite work out what you are saying - please dont take that personally, I get so confused these days :rolleyes:

Could you go and see your GP, and mention how things have gotten for you?

Hi. I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. I don't mean to be vague. Yes, I am hearing things. Talking too much about it makes me nervous for certain reasons. I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense. I was just curious if others had similar problems and what they do about it. I do not see a doctor.

Guest cokeaine

I used to hear voices when I was in the state between sleep and wakefulness (it is called Hypnagogia). I don't hear them anymore, but that freaked me out. Are you in that state, or are you normal when you hear them?

I often wonder if many people here think they are sick when in reality they are experiencing Hypnagogia. Because I was very worried about that.

I can't afford a doctor. I was hoping maybe people here had some strategies for how to deal with this or how to make it go away. This has been going on for months now and seems to have gotten worse recently. I'm really not crazy. I am able to hide it from others and am able to act normal. But it is scary and I am growing tired of it. I don't know what to do about it. I don't want people to think I'm a freak.

I've heard them before, it was like they were crying out at me, a laughing sort of cry, they would laugh at everything I was and wasn't doing, at everything my anxiety stopped me from doing, they laugh and cry at you. Its scary. I thought they were angels laughng at how pathetic I am and at the same time crying out what I should do to live better..., it had a terrifying sort of mystical whole experience to it. Everything around me sort of melted together with their voices too, for example, when someone walks by, the voices would tell me through these singing laughing cries exactly what that person was really thinking, especially what they were thinking about me, and even what I didnt realize I was thinking about them.... Was like I could hear their real thoughts through these angels voices, but it was more than just their thoughts, it was the subconcious one's they werent totallly aware they were thinking.... If theres music playing sometimes it'll melt into some kind of message too, voices come out of the music....I just remember their laughing cries everywhere...ITs the ultimate paranoia, and it seems really powerful and terrifying. Experienced it a number of occasions, usually they fade or I just drink ontop of them till there numbed out of my mind.

I couldnt say that they were simply 'meaningless and not real', because although there were no voices from any objective point of view, the voices I heard had everything to do with what was going on around me. Dunno if what you are experiencing is similar or not..

Mind you, I have only experienced this while being pretty high, when sober I have never had any experience this, but I wonder if it is at all similar to what you are experiencing.

Archived