Mental Support Community

I Hope I'm Still Around When SHTF

AmericanPsycho

hey AP,

Okay probably a dumb question , but here goes anyways.......

What does SHTF mean???? :confused:

You know just coz others ignored you at a time you were in need of help, doesnt mean that you have to be the same back to them.

You're better than that :(

Whats wrong?

We can listen, maybe it will help to talk about it?

Take care

sue

You know just coz others ignored you at a time you were in need of help, doesnt mean that you have to be the same back to them.

You're better than that :(

Whats wrong?

Yes it does.

Do one to others as you'd have done to you.

I tried be nice and helping people. After getting injured helping them they weren't even nice enough to give me the Reach Around.

God forgives, I don't.

Thanks ThePetPerson - it was kinda bugging me that I couldnt work it out, though a tad amusing what I came up with ;)

AP, seriously I think your a better sort of person than you give yourself credit for - its one thing to want and feel like getting your own back, yet quite another to actually do it. Getting you own back sometimes has consequences you hav'nt thought of. Ive spent a LONG time wishing for What goes around comes around, where certain people I have met in my life are concerned - but I wouldnt want anyone to have to go through what I went through, too harsh.

"Do unto others as they do unto you" is a very old saying, and I think it doesnt really reflect todays times, and probably belongs back in the dark ages. I prefere, treat others how you would like to be treated. After all we all have our own battles that we are fighting.

Hope that your day is kind to you :o

take care

I'm not treating people the way I want to be treated. It simply doesn't work.

I guess that depends on how you want it to work. You can only do your part, AP. What they do is up to them. Your being kind is not diminished by others' actions.

Is there a way for you to help yourself manage your disappointment and anger? Would it help to respectfully express it here? Anger is usually a secondary emotion, which means there may be pain behind your anger. Does this recent disappointment remind you of past disappointments and pain?

I guess that depends on how you want it to work. You can only do your part, AP. What they do is up to them. Your being kind is not diminished by others' actions.

Is there a way for you to help yourself manage your disappointment and anger? Would it help to respectfully express it here? Anger is usually a secondary emotion, which means there may be pain behind your anger. Does this recent disappointment remind you of past disappointments and pain?

1. It is towards them.

2. Yes but it would get me into trouble.

3. Maybe

4. Of course there is.

5. They all do.

Archived