Mental Support Community

pedophilia

help_wanted22

Hi anna86, I am very sorry you are going through a very hard time right now. I know when I am in a state of high anxiety, everything is so painful, especially interactions with others. I want you to know that a lot of us understand the effects of high anxiety. I also want to ask you to hold off on "attack" mode. Paula has helped many on this site, including me especially.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Do you know, what is it with these people and Pedophillia? I mean, has the world gone stark raving mad?

It seems to be coming more of a problem now a days than when I was a kid! Now its more like kids that are having these fantasies about kids?

What is the world coming too" THATS WHAT I MEAN AND I COULD GO THROUGH ALMOST EVERYSINGLE THREAD ON HERE AND FIND LITTLE COMMENTS LIKE THIS ON THEM ALL IM SAYING IS IF THIS BOY WERE REALLY A PEDOPHILE THAN IM SURE HE WOULDNT BE WAISTING HIS ON AN ANXIEY FORUM!!!!SO OBVIOUSLY HE NEEDS SOME HELP WHICH HE IS SEEKING ON HERE!!! SO THATS WHAT I MEAN YOU SEEM TO BE VERY SELF RIGHTEOUS I HAVE OCD AND AM GOING THROUGH BAD WITH POCD AND ITS REALLY SCARY....ITS A EVERYDAY LIVING HELL!!!! TO THINK SOMEOF THINGS THAT I THINK, AND TO HAVE SOMEONE LIKE YOU MAKING ME FEEL WORSE DOESNT HELP AND ISNTTHAT WHAT THIS FORUM IS ABOUT??

"if you haven't got anything decent to say then don't bother! Your opinions on here are not welcome! " words to live by paula you should take someof your own advice! from what i've ppl have had to tell you to chill out on alot of these forums (be nicer) now i dont know what you suffer from from and if i dont know jack Sh*t about im not going to try and tell you to simply "stop thinking about it" or say things like " you better run to a shrink" so instead of trying to point out what ppl need to do when you know nothing about certain disorders like ocd....man someone like to talk would be like putting a gun to my head. meaning you just make us (me) like a freak for having these thoughts when already have to feel constantly now i dont know what you suffer from but i certainly wouldnt try to fix it when i know nothing about it

so sorry if i offended you but you just really get under my skin. ps doesnt it say in the bible you should never call anther man a fool???

anna86 "if you haven't got anything decent to say then don't bother! Your opinions on here are not welcome! " words to live by paula you should take someof your own advice! from what i've ppl have had to tell you to chill out on alot of these forums (be nicer) now i dont know what you suffer from from and if i dont know jack Sh*t about im not going to try and tell you to simply "stop thinking about it" or say things like " you better run to a shrink" so instead of trying to point out what ppl need to do when you know nothing about certain disorders like ocd....man someone like to talk would be like putting a gun to my head. meaning you just make us (me) like a freak for having these thoughts when already have to feel constantly now i dont know what you suffer from but i certainly wouldnt try to fix it when i know nothing about it

so sorry if i offended you but you just really get under my skin. ps doesnt it say in the bible you should never call anther man a fool???

I too apologize for my outburst yesterday. I am at a very low time myself in my life at the moment. I just went on the attack and should of understood that you too are struggling, sorry.

I hope the two of us can put all this behind us!

i read some of your threads yesterday and they made me see how much you have gone through and are still :o im sorry i was so callus i just get really bad anxiety when i read some of your replys about the pedophile thing becouse i suffer from ocd pure o pocd and im terrified of becoming a pedophile or have alread done something aweful and let me tell its a living hell not to be able to turn your mind off:( but i do realize that you have really tried to help alot of these ppl on here which is more than i can say for myself ocd is a very selfish disease and one i would not wish on anyone i am also pregnant which makes these fears/ thoughts all the more disturbing so i am truly sorry for coming at you like i did yesterday i was just having a bad day i too hope we can put this behind us you seem to be a good person who is just trying to make it in this sometimes terrifying life we live. hope all is going better with you today:)

anna

Anna, You don't have to apologise to me, I should of known better? I retaliated & I should of understood! Sorry!

I am also going through a bad time in my life at the moment. (Suicidal thoughts & trying to act on them) I am on the AT RISK REGISTER, which my Psychiatrist, Therapist & GP have put me on.

I suffer from Manic Depression (Bipolar) Anxiety, Panic Attacks, among other things and fly off the handle at times, as you have noticed!

im sorry i was so callus i just get really bad anxiety when i read some of your replys about the pedophile thing becouse i suffer from ocd pure o pocd and im terrified of becoming a pedophile or have alread done something aweful and let me tell its a living hell not to be able to turn your mind off but i do realize that you have really tried to help alot of these ppl on here

Me & Scared didn't hit it off at first, but then he came to his senses & did something about his urges. I was very proud of Scared, and still am! I didn't understand Scared at first, yet, Then it was me who came to my senses and I hope I helped him, I like to think I did!

You will get very emotional with your pregnancy. Please don't worry! I am here for you and will try and help all I can, like the rest of them on this site. I just hope that I haven't blown your trust with my stupid actions?

Sorry again for the trouble that I caused you! Really!

My thanks to anna and paula for sorting out their differences. The subject of pedophilia can raise some strong feelings and I believe that the members have shown a good deal of understanding.

As mentioned above, help, you are a good man who is also frank and forthcoming with your personal issues. I hope you will continue to post here as your thoughts are very welcome.

What are your thoughts regarding Allan's suggestion to seek a therapist to discuss some of the concerns you have raised with us?

• 2 months later...

I read this post and realized you said that Pedophillia is more common today.

Keep in mind I am not condoning or trying to justify what I'm about to say.

In present times people tend to let more of their personal feeling or beliefs out on the net, where it is considered safer. In my opinion Pedophillia is no more common now then it was 1000 years ago. Its just heard more, by the media and internet community. I would also wager that it is just as common as homosexuality, occurring about 10% of the time. Is this just perverse minds or genetics I don't know. One thing I know is that i know more non-active pedophiles then uncloseted homosexuals. Again I'm not condoning or trying to justify it, but you need to know that historically their have been allot of cases of what is considered Pedophillia today. The prophet Muhammad

took a 6year old bride. It is documented, that she was his favorite wife, and she was considered the Mothers of Believers. In my opinion, even though times may change, people don't, not as a whole anyway.

Last thing I will say is this, 1) Children should NEVER be harmed no matter what. 2) You may be attracted to a child, wrong or right, that doesn't mean you are or will become a child molester (which is wrong). That would be like saying because you like woman you may be a rapist. 3) any action agaisnt a child or anyone, forced or coerced is wrong and should be

punished to the full extent of the law.

Thank you, any questions or comments are welcome, regardless if you agree with me I will not judge or made to feel as if I'm being judged, for only God judges me.