Mental Support Community

really messed up

thom1545

I really messed up bad! not sure what to do or think right now just want to run and hide or even something worse,,, i had a bad thought about my step daughter 6 mo ago nothing happened but i still had the thought and i just now told her i thought about it but wouldnt do it. now my wife knows and our relationship has ended.. im still in the house for the sake of opur babies but its not the same. i still love my wife and hope we can work past this but i dont think it will be possiable.. as she had her real father do it to her but much worse..... i lost the trust of the whole family and i may never get it back. not what to do or say....

not sure ! my wife has a funny way of dealing with her problem she always replays them in her head until she can understand them... the one good thing is that my step daughter lied to her about parts of the convo and i didnt.. and she found out the truth and started to look at it diffirently...and that i was bated into the convo in the first place like i said my thoughts where 6 mo ago and never thought them again until she said something to me first, none the less i had the thought wish i sould never had in the first place, and will never happen again but its out there now and so the trust is gone for now and maybe forever.. only time will tell !

yes we all got together last night and sat down and had a talk about everything ! she now it was a thought 7 mo ago and nothing would have come of it.. and she also knows it was wrong to come down in a towel and walk around the house.we both know it was wrong on both parts and it never happen again!!! we are both sorry thing when this far and made up.. now to put the piece of the family back together is going to be a long road trip to recover what we had ..... thanks for letting me vent this too ya. and yes she is going to some help...she thought she had enuff but now know as she gets older she is going to need some more

Hi, thom, I'm a bit late here, but I'd like to say that I think it's very good that you've been able to sit down and talk about the whole thing openly. I hope you all can acknowledge the openness and honesty - they bring a feeling of trust, don't they?

Yes, it's a difficult situation, but as FMW has already mentioned, your family can pull together for healing. It may make you all stronger in the end. A therapy and/or counseling is a great idea and I hope it will help a lot...

Take care!