Mental Support Community

need some help

malibu

Hello I am really don't know what to do with myself. I am 55 years old and am trying to get disability, I have a court date which is great, but I don't can't work, am broke most of the time. I have 0 friends and usually not a car. I am in my house day after day. I have a 17 year old son who moved out of the house and moved with with my mother. I am at the point where I can honestly say I hate my life, I lost the love of my life 4 years ago. I really don't want to kill myself, but don't see anything worth much, I spend my days watching tv, crying and getting on the internet. I want to be happy again, I want to I just don't. I was hoping you all might be able to give me some advise. Thank you reading.

Malibu

Hello, Malibu, welcome! :)

I'm sorry you're in such a distress and so lonely :(.

It's good that you decided to "reach out" and communicate with us here. I hope you'll get the support you need.

I'm sorry for being so brief, I'm on-line only for few minutes now, but I hope we'll "talk" more later.

Feel free to write more about yourself! ;)

Take care!

Hi malibu,

I wanted to welcome you here... One thing I find sometimes is to look for something new and that excites you, I know thats not so simple to do when facing intense hurtful emotions and being in a certain state. I cant imagine carrying on so well with such a loss like that.

Im not really sure how to evade lonliness, except maybe getting around people that you enjoy, which doesnt always seem in reach but... Do you think you could try and get into a hobby or interest that could give you a boost? Opening up to new things, you never know whats around the corner. Would you get lost in a book, or one on tape if you dont like to read? I find learning about or just getting a voice in your head could unlock certain perspectives to head in a "little" different direction...

A change in scenary I like to think is inspiring. Maybe theres a few places that you could check out thats close that you havent visited much lately, to help to refresh your mind in a way? Like a place with animals, you could do that alone. Have you ever thought about adopting of one you prefer? Getting around other people with animals might help find a friend or two...

I think its ok to be alone and to cry and grieve. I hope you will stay here and talk and it can bring some relief.

Hello, malibu, and welcome to the community.

I agree that it's good that you reached out for support. I'm sorry you're feeling so lonely and sad. :(

I also think it's a great idea to try to get out of the house and be around people or try to connect with nature. Even just taking a walk outside could be a start. What activities do you enjoy?

I hope you will keep expressing yourself, if it is helpful to you. We're here to listen and support you.