Mental Support Community

Self esteem - sharing some thoughts

The best thing that I have done this year is to remember to gift myself daily of self acceptance, self love, positive self image. If I can do it anyone can do it.

The key is this: it is something that you just plain do. There is no linkage to any outside goal or person. Positivity and self love just becomes your state if mind.

Our self esteem is constantly under seige in this world from negative messages from coworkers, family members, TV ads, etc and what I have finally done is say to hell with them all I am on my side, I accept and love myself unconditionally and ironically when I am in that state of mind I am a much better person for others to be around.

Thank you both, very kind. Yes I hope others will consider gifting themselves self love, self esteem, & self acceptance independent of what anyone else thinks or whatever might be going on. By effecting your self worth some people try to control you or at least influence your behavior. We need to reject this as it is of no value. By accepting yourself you leave room for others to do the same and everyone comes out ahead, free of time wasting nonsense.

Can you imagine what a difference it would make if all of us could follow this practice of self-care and self-love?

This is something I have been working toward myself and though I have made great progress, I will still at times backslide when under stress. Life can be challenging. I think you are right, it is a very attractive trait and will likely attract those with similar feelings about themselves. Very positive.

Thanks for sharing, VBN1C. I enjoy reading your positivity and hopeful thoughts. That can have a ripple effect too, thank you. :)

Take care.