Mental Support Community

Should I trust my gp?

dvnJ22

I went a dr. A couple months ago. Told her "I think my penis is too small" she said strip down. So I anxiously did, I had erection btw. She didn't measure it but she did examine it and touch it. She said I was normal and sex shouldn't be a problem. However she isn't a urologist - should I take her word for it?

So, maybe you are normal, and sex shouldn't be a problem?

We're back to defining that fuzzy word, "normal", that people ask about so often on a mental health site. There are many definitions, including "average", "not too far from average", "not so far from average that you can't have a good life", and so on. I think the attitude you've expressed elsewhere lately, dvn, is the best one: "This is normal, for me", and then seek out someone who accepts you for you.

At the very least, I think the doc is right, in that situation: you're normal, and sex shouldn't be a problem. {After all, it shouldn't be a problem; it should be a pleasure.}

So, maybe you are normal, and sex shouldn't be a problem?

We're back to defining that fuzzy word, "normal", that people ask about so often on a mental health site. There are many definitions, including "average", "not too far from average", "not so far from average that you can't have a good life", and so on. I think the attitude you've expressed elsewhere lately, dvn, is the best one: "This is normal, for me", and then seek out someone who accepts you for you.

At the very least, I think the doc is right, in that situation: you're normal, and sex shouldn't be a problem. {After all, it shouldn't be a problem; it should be a pleasure.}

Well I still have the same attitude. Just trying to see if my dr. Was telling the truth.

Jessie, from my admittedly limited experience, I have become convinced that five inches is plenty, especially if the rest of your body is in reasonable shape. My ex-wife had no issue whatsoever with my size. My first post-divorce lover...a very experienced gal...claimed I was awesome in bed and certainly seemed to love my anatomy. Now, I have a more meaningful relationship going with a new girlfriend...also a woman who's been around the block. We are still at the "petting" stage, but she has had her hands all over my little soldier, and her excitement was more than obvious. And she's 5'9". I was always leery about having a tall woman, but it looks like I have no reason to be the least bit concerned about this issue, or non-issue, more accurately. No doubt in my mind, 5" is plenty good with a lot of women if you can woo them....and you can't woo them if you're down on yourself about penis size.

Im less than 5 and very thin- and I have heard such withering comments about guys my size from women.

And of course my exes all left me due to its inadequacy - so, you know, I hear you and others but its hard to believe...

Tough to argue with that experience. All I have is my own experience at five inches (and ?? width, sorta average I guess).