Mental Support Community

Having a Hard time right now

scrappy

I'm getting lost in old thought patterns. I almost had to leave work in the middle of the day this week because I got triggered so bad I was having a panic attack in my office. I'm starting to feel worthless and horrible and I don't know what to do with myself. I'm not having good thoughts.

So sorry you're struggling. :(

When you are feeling triggered, does anything help ground you? Perhaps taking a few deep breaths and getting some space from your emotions might be helpful? I understand that can be challenging.

I think it's important to be aware of self-talk. When you start having negative feelings, are you able to soothe the parts of you that hurt?

Thinking of you Scrappy.

Scrappy, I can totally relate. Your expression "getting lost in old thought patterns" really struck home w me. When it happens to me at work or someplace where I cannot take time to meditate I just deliberately think some positive thoughts like "I am a good person & good things are happening to me. I am confident. & capable". Even if I don't believe it at the time lol it still helps. I don't know why. Good luck to you.

I agree , I think people put way too much stock into therapists. You just have to get through it and you will. I don't know how but one day you'll wake up and you'll realize you're through it and you'll be like how did that happen? Unfortunately thiugh it never lasts. I think life is a series of just getting through it on repeat. Of course there's people who don't have to live that way and they don't realize how good they have it. You don't know what you got til it's gone. I'd give anything to live life without this whole game, it's like I don't want to play anymore but there's no letting up. But maybe one day, who knows.