Mental Support Community

another year over......

serenitynow

Well, I am beginning my usual depression and anxiety that always follows the end of the holidays. The statement "post-holiday blues" seems to pale in comparison of the way I really feel. I was thinking, however, that maybe the whole facade of living our daily lives is really just a cover up for survival. Are we just suppose to SURVIVE from day to day? It seems that some of the third world countries are just striving to survive, so why not the rest of us? Is that what we all are suppose to do? Do we just need to find a way to survive each day, while trying to find some enjoyment as well as ways to contribute to society so we can make it EASIER to survive? Does this make sense or is it all useless babbling as well as being way too dramatic??? I often wonder if some people are depressed and miserable because they know what truly goes on in the world and if perhaps they were less intelligent, they would NOT be depressed!!! So, all you depressed and anxious people out there...........we are this way because we are too smart for our own good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I have met intelligent people who weren't depressed (of course, I'm not one of them.)

Maybe it's more that some people take their knowledge too personally, and as a result neglect simply to survive.

At least that's how it seems to work for me. Sometimes I feel like I want more than just to survive, to the point of considering not surviving if I can't get it. That's not intelligent, though, in my opinion. In fact, it was contemplating that contradiction that persuaded me that I'm not acting as logically as I thought I was.

Yes, there are a lot of bad things in this world.... I try not to watch the news. It is horrible, and especially what happens to little children. that is what makes my blood boil, some of the gross things and little innocent lives.

Yes, i have been down and out. I woke up thinking about ending it all, so it is on my mind .Weird though becasue I do not feel sad. I wonder what's up with that?

I just am in a slump, like I do not want to do anything or see anybody. I am strill healing from a bad SI, and maybe that is why, but, I just do not feel safe from others. That they are going to hurt me, and not just physically. I am emotionally threatend by people.

So I stay locked up in my apt. where i feel safe. I hope i'll snap out of this. i can't stay like this, even though I do not understand I wish things were not lke this. To start out a new year on a bad foot is not a good feeling.

I wish i had anther life.

I actually thought I was going to start crying in the grocery store today! OK, here's what I think might be tough about the holidays. They make your attachment issues surface. That's all the stuff that grabs you at the umbilical cord and yanks. If you grew up with great attachments, that will be a fun feeling to visit. Most of us were not so lucky. So OK, there are really sad things yanking at me from my foundations. I acknowledge that. There is also this present moment to just be alive and breathe in. I don't have to be only my past. That just can't be all there is!!!

Well, it just seems that the holidays signify another year over. I know the best way to look at it is that another year will begin with more hope, but let's face it, that isn't as easy as it sounds. Another year passing means that we and our loved ones are aging. Time passing. That's the real fear. Time just doesn't stop.

However, to respond to mscat.....there really are a lot of good people out there as well. We just hear too much about the bad. We have to rely on others and allow them to rely on us. I can't stand to think I am alone and that nobody cares.....we have to care and watch out for each other...

When I stepped out of the gym today I realized that this day was like any other. As I mentioned before, I do not attach much significance to the Christmas holidays. Besides the snow, shoveling, dead car batteries, and other winter tasks, I found myself curiously out of touch with those who do celebrate this time of year. I can't tell if it was due to my jog or the cold, but this realization was refreshing.

Cultural differences aside, as people age, their circumstances change as well. They get to see things with different perspectives, their behaviour changes to match the circumstances, and they provide a glimpse for others as to what their stage in life is like. When I think of my grandparents, I appreciate the considerations they must make every day. For example, they are prone to serious injury if they fall on ice, and they must monitor their diets carefully in order to live comfortably. Of course, it is in everyone's best interest not to fall on ice, and to follow a healthy diet, but these concerns are overlooked when they are not immediate.

It's strange, I think. The new year does not seem like an adventure into the unknown; rather, I look forward with a sense of familiarity. Could this be the world of Sisyphus? It's not as bad as I thought it would be if that's the case.

Perhaps I am just feeling better, but, i am actually feeling good today . Feeling good that it is actually the 1rst of January 09. New beginnings perhaps? Hope? Endurance? Peace>? Gosh I hope so ! Maybe things will get done today, and tomorrow i can get new tire s on the car and go out of town shopping? Something that has not been accompilished in ages?

I might have too many hope for 09, but i do hope that i can endure and heal. I hope that i can be a good parent , and meet my child's needs. I do not know, but today feels like a good day, a good day for hope and getting things done. Gee perhaps, i'll even get to shower, not a big deal to most people, but when healing it takes a lot to do with open sores :eek:

I want to feel better, and do the things i can't do. I want to clean the house again and not feel awful or in pain. Here's hoping to a bright new year. Peace to all who are seeking a better future. :cool: