Mental Support Community

Lost Dog

Mark

All,

Those of you who know me a little bit know that i've been far more absent than is usual. This is because my family is in the midst of a crisis over our lost dog who has been gone now for about two weeks. Very stressful and sad. :rolleyes:

We're keeping a blog over at lostpoodlesanjose.blogspot.com for anyone who is interested in the details. I just didn't want anyone noting my absence and thinking I wasn't interested in this place anymore or anything like that. As I have a chance to take a breath this morning, I'm writing to explain.

Mark

Mark,

my heart is breaking :rolleyes: Raven, what a beautiful Poodle, and tragic story. I have 2 dogs, that are the love of my life, a Yorkie and a nearly 6 minth old Shih Tzu . Poodle's are the most intelligent breeds of dogs in the world. Looks like your family is doing everything possible to bring her back home where she belongs.

I would not be surprised at all if Raven figures out herself how to make it home on her own... MAny hopes and prayers going out to Raven , i am a dog lover and this just kills me. I hope this has a happy ending.

Shoot, I lived out in the Bay area for several years . If I were still there, i'd be searching too.

PLease make it home safely , precious Raven.

Looking are our own precious 5 year old dog, I can only imagine what you are going through.

Have you tried local radio to get to a wider group of people ?

Having read your blog, there does seem to be hope with all the sightings, I really wish that you will be reunited with Raven soon.

Goose

Guest GingerSnap

Mark: I didn't go through all the blog entries but wanted to add a quick response. You are probably already doing this but www.petfinder.com has a place under classified to list a lost pet and many animal control/humane societies run pets that are available for adoption. The one time we had a dog get away and called the pound, the description they gave us didn't really fit the personality of our dog but they aren't the same when they aren't with you. My only thought, I wish I had more.

Mark,

So sorry to hear this. It may seem trivial to some - but I absolutely know what you are talking about. We are "cat people". We have the experience of having lost one (of our first) young cats - who simply never came back, and almost losing another adult cat, who managed to escape through a window left open by accident. I spent a day and a half wandering around the back of our house, calling for him, and ringing his little bell - and then gave up. A day later, who should I find on the back step, looking very sorry for himself, but ... ? Well, I did not punish him, of course (absolutely pointless with cats) - but his cattish companion gave him absolute Hell for a couple of days, until the smell of Outside wore off !

I really hope that your little friend turns up. It is possible. I will say no more than that.

With best regards, from your online friend,

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Mark and everyone,

I am pleased that this is out in the open for the whole community. I have four three dogs now and they have been with us a long time. We have suffered the death of our most loved dog last year. I can tell everyone that losing a dog, either through escape or through death, is jarring and tragic. For myself and my family, our dogs are full members of our family. When our beloved Mingo died last year I wept just like a baby.

Mark, I still hope that Raven either shows up or gets rescued. I have heard amazing stories about dogs and their durability and their ability to get back home under the worst conditions.

Allan