Mental Support Community

Compliments!

Kara_Love

I know it sounds lame, but I think we need some light in this place.

Isn't it great when we get random compliments?? Makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside, even if we don't believe it. It's still lovely to hear.

So, here's a new thread. I want to hear a compliment that made you feel great, or even put a smile on your face. And, if you don't want to share, I want to hear you compliment yourself!! Find one thing that you really like about yourself.

Can be more than one!!

I'll start...

I enjoy hearing that I'm a caring person. Sometimes I have trouble believing it, so it reassures me when others say it.

YOUR TURN! ;)

Hi, Kara. :) I don't think there is anything lame about letting some light in. Sounds like a great idea to me.

The very best compliment I ever received was when a friend told me that I was good at helping people feel good about themselves.

What do I like about myself? I like that I'm a caring person. I like that I'm an optimistic and hopeful person. I like that I feel things deeply. I think I'm better at this than I used to be. ;)

You must have more than one, Kara. You are caring. What else?

What a good idea!

Can we compliment other people too? Because I would like to say I think Kara_Love is very creative to post this thread of light.

And as for me I recall meeting someone who had been at the same school as me once and he said "I remember you. You were the blond haired kid who always stood up to the bullies."

I still do and it has caused hell in my life but when I look at it like that I wouldn't have it any other way ;)

Sam

I have a very difficult time with hearing compliments about myself .... However, one really good one is that I most enjoy it when people compliment me on my tattoos :)

I like that about myself and wish I had a few more . I have paw prints on each of my fingers , that gets a lot of , let me see those !

I also enjoy compliments about my 2 very special , lovely little dogs. They are wonderful. ANd a great service to my emotional needs.

mscat

well I'm a really terrible messy housekeeper, SO it means a lot to me when people say they love coming over to my house because there's so many fun things:p

I'm also a terrible accordion player:D. It tickles my funny bone for some reason, and I just keep on going to lessons. Does anyone else not mind being terrible at something? [sorry, probably off topic!!!]

Archived