Mental Support Community

Symora now a moderator

Mark

I'm taking y'all on the cruise, since being a moderator in this forum is what I'm getting the big bucks for :) And chocolate, well there will of course be tons of it. Even chocolate fountains with fruits, it makes a mess, but we'll be on a cruise so someone else will be cleaning up !;)

I figure 1 week should do it ... can't spend all my 00000s in one place :). By then I expect that we will all be climbing the walls because we'll be so high on sugar,... and you know what happens when we are get that high :o So yeah, one week, but what a week! Sunshine, beautiful islands to visit, lots of luxurious time to relax and read ...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the support. It's been an interesting time in the last few weeks in this forum and the whole question of moderating has been a strange experience for me. I think it's because I'm not good at setting boundaries, for myself and every one else as well, never have been. I'm a sort of live and let live type of person. If I don't like it, then I move away from it, I don't try to change it. But moderating is different, you have to stand and set the boundary and then move with the consequences of having set it. It\s not easy to decide where that line is, and I think it differs for everyone based on the perception of a situation ... Some of the issues discussed here are delicate and very personal, it's so easy to set someone off with just a few simple words when they are in a fragile state :P I still have lots to learn with regards to that...

I've only been a moderator for a month or so, my first time ever at it. I have experience in group facilitation and I'm finding a clear link there. It's all about group dynamics, ensuring that certain basic core values are respected. Respect, something everyone needs I think in order to feel safe. Anyway, it's not easy to be a moderator, and thanks to everyone for understanding that we are just people too :-)

I too have visited other forums and I frankly could not believe how people treated each other, I had never seen anything like it. So I'm happy we have this respectful place to come and just hang out ....

From the Moon:

At the top of the page you’ll find User CP (on this page, it’s just under where it says “Symora now a moderator”). Click there and your User Control Panel appears on the left. Under Settings and Options, You will find “Edit avatar”. Upload your pic. :)

Archived