Mental Support Community

Panic Attacks

Ayumu

Hello all. Does anyone else here experience Panic Attacks and know how to cope with them. I ask because mine are very vivid and horrifying.

Every time I am idol minded, I get this sudden hunch that someone is watching me! When I pay attention to the sensation, it becomes stronger and stronger. While I fall into this state, the attack changes in nature from being about something material to something I can't see RIGHT behind me.

It gets so bad I can't breath.

They are irregular. However, every time I experience one, I become unbearably scared of the dark for weeks. It really disrupts my sleep pattern and causes all sorts of other mini panic attacks when I am alone.

The night spooks go away eventually. But then shortly after, I experience another Panic Attack and the whole process starts from the beginning.

SO can anyone help me? And does anyone know of a free therapist? I am damn poor and can't afford the ones I find on Google. Please and Thank you.

Hi Ayumu, welcome to the forum :-)

I wonder if you have checked out the Anxiety Disorder sections of the site. You might get some useful information there. I don't suffer from anxiety myself so I'm afraid I can't offer much help or advice on this subject, but I'm certain other people in the forum will be better able to help out...

Have you seen a professional in this regard Ayumu? That may be a wise option as well.

Hope you feel better soon :(

I've had that happen to me a lot in my own room, and when I'm in the dark at late night. My door to my room has a broken lock eek :X I have many night lights, with many knifes by me and one with me, I always have a knife with me whether i'm I'm in public or im at home, I always have a sheathed knife connected to my belt(6 inches I think) If I don't have it with me, I rely on my Karate(Brown belt in Shotokan) And I don't mind hurting people. Where do you live at I may be able to help. I do not go to a therapist, as my mother will not let me, she thinks I say I hear voices, etc. to "look cool and special".

Hello all. Does anyone else here experience Panic Attacks and know how to cope with them. I ask because mine are very vivid and horrifying.

Every time I am idol minded, I get this sudden hunch that someone is watching me! When I pay attention to the sensation, it becomes stronger and stronger. While I fall into this state, the attack changes in nature from being about something material to something I can't see RIGHT behind me.

It gets so bad I can't breath.

They are irregular. However, every time I experience one, I become unbearably scared of the dark for weeks. It really disrupts my sleep pattern and causes all sorts of other mini panic attacks when I am alone.

The night spooks go away eventually. But then shortly after, I experience another Panic Attack and the whole process starts from the beginning.

SO can anyone help me? And does anyone know of a free therapist? I am damn poor and can't afford the ones I find on Google. Please and Thank you.

Hi Symora

Thanks for your reply. And no I haven't yet, I want to though. I have had a few chances before. But everyone I talk to about it says I am over reacting and that I will grow out of it one day. Do they think I'm stupid? Even my understanding parents are condescending and tell me suck it up. So I always doubted I had an issue.

Hi Luna-

Thank you, also, for replying. I hope they can give me some good advice. Panic attacks are something to really HATE. They are so distracting. And the stress of anticipating it all is draining. Thinking "Oh not again, bleming hell".

Hi Aaron

I feel you bro. It is so annoying when people undermine you like that right? We should both invest some time and money into getting some help! :(

Oh and I live in New Zealand.

You know about a year ago, I tried hypnotizing myself. Very bad idea. It was so traumatic. It took me a few weeks to ease myself out of that dominating and constant fear.

If you don't mind me asking. What is the fear centered around? My fear is centered around ghosts and spirits and so on.

I live right by the border to mexico and my house isn't what you would call small, my house has been robbed before and I was injured during that robbery. I keep forgetting to talk to my father to replace the lock its utterly sad(I have short-term memory). How the hell can you hypnotize yourself lol, that seems kinda odd. Along with mexicans trying to rob me, I do see ghosts often, ever feel a ghost touch you(not in a sexual way), scared the hell out of me I was like freaked out in just sat in a corner for 2 hours straight at midnight and kept seeing things. Along with with when I was young on of my next door neighbors(across the street), I went out on a porch all of them dead, they hanged themselves, very traumatic. First time seeing death. They all committed suicide. I actually knew them I used to hang out with them, they were ok except for being total trailer trash, but still. Knowing their all dead messed me up.

Hi Symora

Thanks for your reply. And no I haven't yet, I want to though. I have had a few chances before. But everyone I talk to about it says I am over reacting and that I will grow out of it one day. Do they think I'm stupid? Even my understanding parents are condescending and tell me suck it up. So I always doubted I had an issue.

Hi Luna-

Thank you, also, for replying. I hope they can give me some good advice. Panic attacks are something to really HATE. They are so distracting. And the stress of anticipating it all is draining. Thinking "Oh not again, bleming hell".

Hi Aaron

I feel you bro. It is so annoying when people undermine you like that right? We should both invest some time and money into getting some help! :)

Oh and I live in New Zealand.

You know about a year ago, I tried hypnotizing myself. Very bad idea. It was so traumatic. It took me a few weeks to ease myself out of that dominating and constant fear.

If you don't mind me asking. What is the fear centered around? My fear is centered around ghosts and spirits and so on.

To Aaron

That's just horrible! Do you, or have you ever seen a therapist? And how long for? If you don't or haven't, you parents are useless caregivers!

Hmm, have you tried leaving a note on your hand? In big bold colours (color is spelt colour here)? I know there's a chance you may rip it off and such, but still.

And hypnosis is easy. I suspect you associate it with brainwashing, which it is not. If you want to know more, doing research is easy, I am not good at explaining lol.

Also, because of your traumatic past, DO NOT attempt to hypnotize yourself.

My mother never let me, she didn't care, she said they deserved to die. Hell just a couple minutes ago I was staring into my old room one of their faces flashed out, got freaked out for a second but then calmed down. But other than that I have never seen a therapist, mother thinks im pretending, though she knows im messed up, its only a matter of time for her "ploy" to end. For example at 2 years old I was diagnose with some sort of autism, my mother says the mildest form at the time, along with short term memory. Hmm always annoys me like hell I think about something forget it, espicially for homework, they always say i can't use the excuse i forgot, when i did forget. it sucks, i would get in trouble, they even went as far to lock me out of the house for the day, made me sleep outside, i would get angry but im trying to remain calm. Another example,, I always said my hip hurts and thats why i cant run good , she says its just an excuse. After like 6 years pass I finally get to the doctor about it, turns out hips messed up, can't ever be healed unless I get a hip surgery, which ruins my chance of joining the military. I have little to 0 chance of them accepting me, even if they did I'd have to run a mile in 5 minutes or so, and I can barely do a mile in 11 minutes forcing myself. bitch!(excuse my language had to get that out). My father cares but hes just a puppet for my mother, he never realizes anything. My mother is the puppet-master reigns him along like a slave. Then he yells at me for my mothers problems. Sorry for rambling. But yep, my favorite part about life(sarcasm) was when my mother handcuffed me to a chair and made me stare at a blank wall for days feeding me little and letting me drink some. She sewed something for me I got my hopes up, turns out it was "A royal crown" it said king of losers... how fucking annoying. I hate her. And now she stops me from trying to turn her in by buying me stuff, to make herself look like shes spoiling me 'cause shes such a good mother. When I got past kindergarten she said I was a mistake, only reason I was born was because my sister was some straight A goody-two shoes. She wanted me to be an exact clone. SHe would get me in trouble for not talking to her, I was mute till 7-8 years old somewhere around their, I knew what they were saying... Anyways I need to tell some one about this. thanks. ALOT, it feels so good to get that off my chest.

To Aaron

That's just horrible! Do you, or have you ever seen a therapist? And how long for? If you don't or haven't, you parents are useless caregivers!

Hmm, have you tried leaving a note on your hand? In big bold colours (color is spelt colour here)? I know there's a chance you may rip it off and such, but still.

And hypnosis is easy. I suspect you associate it with brainwashing, which it is not. If you want to know more, doing research is easy, I am not good at explaining lol.

Wow, I can see how an incident like that would be freeky! Sort of like seeing something horrible in war. Have you ever talked about that with your parents or someone? Do you think that it maybe fed some fears within you?

By that do you mean those little youtube videos with those swirly circles i think i've already tried tons of times on those things but they only made me see more stuff. coarse that was a year ago or 2. EDIT: I read some more about it, i've never tried one of those modern things. I don't think im interested in that

To Aaron

Hmm... thanks, I'll take that into consideration. Class was annoying though, some people saw my scars on my arms and were making fun of me, I just got them into an easy wrist lock, and threatened them. Too easy. I'm happy that I know karate :o

P.S. "cutting yourself" is considered a style where I live at which is total bs its NOT cool

Well, I hope part of your martial arts training was in knowing when not to use them ... One thing I can guarantee you: people are idiots, sometimes. You can't beat the "stupid" out of someone.

People used to make fun of me, too, in school. Just because they could, I suspect. It's all part of being a teenager: learning how to hurt someone, learning how not to hurt someone, learning how not to be hurt.

I'm sorry it's like that, but it is.

Yeh they taught that, but I kinda abuse it. I've gotten in lots of fights, most of them were in self-defense though. Guess my advantage is I'm not afraid to hurt people heh heh. I'm no idiot though. I believe the worst suspensions are in school suspensions, so boring, forced to sit down in one spot, while "waiting for the principal to arrive". Nothing to do, I need to be doing something. Walking back and forth constantly moving my leg I don't know.< Same for that is that some other OCD alike thing? I have a question is it like OCD, when some one touches you and it drives me crazy until i itch it, I always have this feeling like my skin is weird and I have to touch it to make my skin normal. Thats something I'm not sure on, I've always kinda wondered why I do that, because like no one else I see does that.

Well, you're at an age where you get to define who you're going to be.

No one says you have to misuse your training. That's a choice.

What kind of guy do you want to be?

I know you're not an idiot (I hope you didn't think I meant you.} A lot of people have trouble sitting still, but if it troubles you, it's worth asking a doctor about. Some people's bodies are just more sensitive, or more "twitchy", than others.

You mentioned a "cutting culture"; I've also heard of groups who promote anorexia and such. And we're back to idiots. :-) It's one thing to have a problem, it's another to think it's a good thing.

I read about that. Did the docs give you any physical therapy that might help repair the damage you did? Do you try to get as much exercise as it will allow you? Any strength you can build up around an injury like that can help you cope with it. It's the only hip you're going to get, in life, so it makes sense to take care of it, if you can.

There are other careers than the military. Lots that won't require such tight physical standards. What sorts of things interest you?

My parents didn't want me to go to physical therapy, at the time before, i already knew my hip was messed up but I kept wanting to do karate so i kept going, my hip pain getting worser, until it dislocated(its not staying dislocated obviously or else i couldn't walk), then my parents took me out. And btw its so serious that it will never be repaired unless I get an artificial hip, but I do stay in shape, can't really run, hurts too much, so heavy boots works well enough for my legs. But yes I do my situps push ups, special variations i learned in karate. I'm interested in photography and in graphics design, at the end of the school year i got a certificate for graphics design.

Have you checked out options for web design?

I know people who work in commercial art and design, mostly for advertising.

It's work that won't go away, and you can do it sitting down.

But what I meant about deciding who you want to be applies to more than just your future career. You also get to decide things like how you treat the people around you, what kind of people you want as friends, and stuff like that.

I do some amateur photography myself. There are a few shots in the album connected to my profile. I need to upload more: most of my best shots are of birds, but there aren't any in the album, yet. I'd be interested in seeing some of your shots, too, if you feel like sharing.

Archived