Mental Support Community

thank you.

Lie_low

Hello there. Just checking in and wanting to say THANK YOU to everyone here who encouraged me to get help. I would not be where I am today without the push from you guys! I am feeling better than I ever thought possible. I have been injury-free for over 6 months now. Sober for 7 months. Even my eating disorder is improving. So for those of you who feel like a lost cause, who feel trampled by the weight of your problems, and can’t fathom asking for help. Treatment works! It won't be easy. It may even be the hardest thing you’ll ever do, but it’s worth it. I’m living proof.

What great news, Lie_low! :-)

Do you have time to describe a little of what you did, for treatment, for people who didn't know you, before? Lots of people could benefit from what you learned.

I feel like I have so much to say. I’d like to respond at greater length when I get the chance. The short answer is individual therapy, group therapy, medication, DBT, finding something that I love (cycling--I can’t get enough of my road bike and I’m training for a century ride!) Overeaters Anonymous, and lots and lots of hard work.

Archived