Mental Support Community

what is it now?

Guest SomethingOrOther

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SomethingOrOther

Why can't I be as stupid a selfish ignorant as everyone else?

I'm the only fucking idiot who needs things to be fair and orderly after all. I'm not made to be happy.

Guest ASchwartz

SoO,

I am really sorry that you are suffering so much with obsessional thinking. You need to know that this is what your thought process is right now. I know because you are describing classic symptoms. In other words, you are really saying that you cannot be sure your decision, either way, is truly the right one. Really, it's like diving into a swimming pool. You just have to take the plunge. Remember, too, there is never a wrong decision because, in the future, after a year or two, you can always change jobs.

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi SomethingOrOther,

I read your thread and wanted to see how you were doing and how your job hunting is going. I am not working right now (on sick leave) but decided to use my time off and look around. I have been a case manager for homeless people for over three years and this is my first time in three years looking for another job again. I am having some anxiety because I would love to take my career to a next level but the job market is so awful right now. At least in my profession.....

I also wanted to thank you again for your wisdom. :)

Archived