Mental Support Community

What are you good at

soaring eagle

Everyone has a special blessing:)

What are you guys good at? Mine is baking,specialized in that area at christmas time I make about 1000 cookies,banana,cranberry loaf,butter tarts other occasion will be cake.

wow, that is a lot of cookies, and baking. Impressive . I can't cook well , not one of my blessings.

I use to teach very young children , did so for over 20years. Well I was blesses with this gift as being able to teach, and not only teach but always was the favorite teacher among parents and children. Parents would come just to want to enroll their child in my class. I had a huge reputation as one of the best. So that was very nice, and fun. My job was not like a job to me, it was my lifetime calling, and never once did I not want to go to work. I had fun , as a teacher. I was the one who got most of the christmas presents from the parents, I was the one when it was teavher apreciation day, and parents could write on this big poster a graditiude of thans, that one year, all these parents signed it all about me. Ummm I was floored, and more then a bit embarassed, because their were other teachers there too. But the parents all wrote stuff about me.

Those days of teaching are gone now. I went downhill , had a mental breakdown I guess that what it was, and not the same person I was back then.

But , if I had to choose something that i "was" amazing at , it is the teaching.

Hi. Eagle your question made me think long and hard about myself and I haven't really been able to come up with anything I do well. Although I am mostly pessimistic about life - my life - in general, I do tend to like people and trust them. Is that a blessing? :P

Mscat, I know how hard it is to be a teacher so I very much admire you for having been one, and a great one too. I hope one day I can say I am a good teacher and not feel as though I am failing my students, and be happy being one:).

I like composing songs. I wrote one for my girls after I blew up at them, called "Sorry". When I sang it to them, we all just broke down and cried together. Not so much sadness, but relief that we can always patch things up. Most of my songs are sad, so my girls don't like me singing them (except for that one). Also, my oldest daughter likes me singing the one about breastfeeding her while watching the twin towers fall on 9/11. It's about how oblivious she was to what was happening, how she took me away from the horror I was watching, how I want to make the world a better place for her. She was about three weeks old at the time.

I don't know if my songs are good from somebody else's perspective. (i got applause from the hotel guests while singing one back in February, right before somebody called the cops on me thinking i was about to do serious damage to myself. I guess it conveyed the torment I was going through. My daughter thinks it's one of my best - raunchy and bluesy.) I'd like to get a composer to do a better job on the instrumentals and I toy with putting together an album (need voice lessons first!), but it would be a pretty big project. Anyway, i read somewhere that it's better to suck at something you love doing than to excel at something you hate. So, I'd like to be good at it but if it turns out i'm not, I will at least have enjoyed the journey.

Hi. Eagle your question made me think long and hard about myself and I haven't really been able to come up with anything I do well. Although I am mostly pessimistic about life - my life - in general, I do tend to like people and trust them. Is that a blessing? :P

Mscat, I know how hard it is to be a teacher so I very much admire you for having been one, and a great one too. I hope one day I can say I am a good teacher and not feel as though I am failing my students, and be happy being one:).

Yes liking people is a blessing:).

Mscat I know how it's like to be a teacher:) and how the students give lots of love in return or how they see a teacher asthe sun the moon and the stars.

Sometimes I think about the little children i had in my classroom, and was responsible for. How old they are now, and where their lives have taken them. I will admit i loved all of these very young children, but their were always the few very special oned that just got to my heart. I atill have class pictures hanging on my wall , so long ago. But those pictures seem ageless to me. Beautiful innocent , little ones. So precious and innocent.

This is what if anything gets me terrible angry is that of "real Child abuse" Since living in such a small town for many years now, I have seen this happen. To many beautiful little children. Right now a young mother lost her 2children recently to her grandmother, this mother has not done a thing to get her children back. I saw grandma today at a grocery store miles away from home. The little 6 year old came running towards me and the 11 month old baby has been getting his teeth. Grandma had the urge to ask me if Icould take them, I put my arms out as if to tell her SURE. So sad, these little ones.

Sorry got off the subject there. But having taught little ones for so long, my heart still pours out to them. Being an anused child myself it really hurts to know that this sort of thing is happening all around us every single damn day.

I can't describe how wonderfully stimulating, focusing, and useful,

the gift of the question, you provided Souring Eagle, with this topic heading.

:(

Indeed, even the handle you chose for/ and to fascilitate such a positive self-image. Isn't it powerfully useful, to define yourself, as being so free?

hugs

ps, in that sense, i'm wondering if you have any appreciation for the moniker, or handle that I chose, or why I chose it?

Sometimes when I get bad moments which is getting fewer and fewer. One has to think about special blessing they have.

My biggest special blessing is that I have two healthy boys a very caring boyfriend and quite personaly that is enough for me I have everything and its a blessing to have.

I like composing songs. I wrote one for my girls after I blew up at them, called "Sorry". When I sang it to them, we all just broke down and cried together. Not so much sadness, but relief that we can always patch things up. Most of my songs are sad, so my girls don't like me singing them (except for that one). Also, my oldest daughter likes me singing the one about breastfeeding her while watching the twin towers fall on 9/11. It's about how oblivious she was to what was happening, how she took me away from the horror I was watching, how I want to make the world a better place for her. She was about three weeks old at the time.

I don't know if my songs are good from somebody else's perspective. (i got applause from the hotel guests while singing one back in February, right before somebody called the cops on me thinking i was about to do serious damage to myself. I guess it conveyed the torment I was going through. My daughter thinks it's one of my best - raunchy and bluesy.) I'd like to get a composer to do a better job on the instrumentals and I toy with putting together an album (need voice lessons first!), but it would be a pretty big project. Anyway, i read somewhere that it's better to suck at something you love doing than to excel at something you hate. So, I'd like to be good at it but if it turns out i'm not, I will at least have enjoyed the journey.

Got my vote :) <thumbs up>

I excell in the fine art of failure, in fact I think I should take the Guiness record for the most failures in one lifetime, I have failed in school, marriage, business, relationships, employment, etc. etc. etc.

I really should get some kind of prize for Best Failure, But I will probably fail there too :-(

I once invented this dog-training device, spent over $ 1000 on a web cite, etc...After a year I sold one for $17.50 It cost $18.00 to ship!

I rest my case.

I excell in the fine art of failure, in fact I think I should take the Guiness record for the most failures in one lifetime, I have failed in school, marriage, business, relationships, employment, etc. etc. etc.

I really should get some kind of prize for Best Failure, But I will probably fail there too :-(

I once invented this dog-training device, spent over $ 1000 on a web cite, etc...After a year I sold one for $17.50 It cost $18.00 to ship!

I rest my case.

Keep trying you just don't know what your special blessing is? And you might not even know it.:)

Keep trying you just don't know what your special blessing is? And you might not even know it.:)

But... My special blessing IS failure!...Thats what I am good at. You see, I can't even COMMUNICATE!

Stop trying to take this from me too! ;-)

Seriously, I am pretty good in emergency situations (or used to be anyway)

Thanks for the encouragement.

But... My special blessing IS failure!...Thats what I am good at. You see, I can't even COMMUNICATE!

Stop trying to take this from me too! ;-)

Seriously, I am pretty good in emergency situations (or used to be anyway)

Thanks for the encouragement.

Like I said everyone has a special blessing:cool:.

Archived