Mental Support Community

-in the spirit of helping one another-

KINDNESSTHERAPY

Thank you for everybodies comments yesterday, this should be helpful to most clients? When I first started to work at this mental health rehabilitation work facility I had almost no experience with human beings in pain with various types of mental illness. I treated everybody with respect and took pride in the fact that I did not want to know what their disorder was and by making eye contact and talking to that person as equals I seemed to gain most clients respect. Since management saw that I worked well with clients they put me in charge of our other warehouse and the responsibility of teaching work skills to be used in the outside world. This work gained me a lot of respect for people who were battling their disorders and trying to be normal and working at the same time. Years of observations etc. taught me that the vast majority of clients could not deal with -Stress- of any kind and even with coping skills they were eventually worn down. When clients realized that stress in most work places meant trouble for them in the long run they tried to pick jobs that had as little stress as possible. In the work place and their private lives the successful clients always controlled their stress levels and used coping strategies to survive in the real world...

You seem to enjoy insulting people, is this true or am I being overly sensitive?

Now I was going to mention in tomorrows post that one of the reasons for my posts is that if people with mental illness who stay at home etc. get some everyday input on how clients in a group setting react to group stimuli, it might help them. That being said, have a great day and Thank you for the reply...

Kindness, we are trying to help you get on the right track with participating here in the community. How can this information be applied to real situations? Try taking your knowledge and offering it to a member in a specific way that might help to support them in their struggles. Venture around the boards and offer members your support. Does that make more sense?

Thank you for the reply and the imput on my posts, I am not a professional and do not want any clients getting the wrong idea about my supposed expertise. My years of knowledge are based on observations on everyday living not book or clinical knowledge etc.. If I generalize my comments people can see if it is practical for them or not, when you get to be specific that's when you might cause more harm than good... Thank you again for ideas that make me think about what I am doing and how I am doing it...

PS, I am sorry that this reply seems to be for you, it was meant for -IrmaJean- sorry...

Im sorry but english is not my main langueage, and for clients what do u mean?? what are u selling? Even in my poor knowledge of english all i can understand of ur posts, is that ur selling something. And in ur intention to sell u use cheap tactics and ive read all ur posts, i tought u where going to be of great help that ur posts where going to be someting to learn from, but all ur posts do is make me feal like i dont do enough.

Im feeling sensitive perhaps i got it wrong if so then ill apologize.

Guest SomethingOrOther

Yeah well, we all wish we had a well moderated forum in which hysteria is less common than understanding. But to hope for that will only depress you, so don't.

Besides, I made a response to one of kt's posts that was appreciated. So yeah, that is so impossible it must disappear from the perception immediately. As impossible things do. Yeah, ignoring that isn't as insulting as telling people they need help or telling them they're too stupid to discuss things, so alright, we're just trying to help. Now let's all wonder why on earth all the help is so badly received. It's a miracle.

Their is nothing to sell, the messages I am trying to get across to people in pain are meant to be helpful, that's it, how else can I say it's just advice...

PS, I think you were asking me what does -Clients- mean, human beings with mental disorders and people with addictions such as drugs and alcohol and sexual etc.... and they are being treated at a facility or by a professional etc....

Let's all take a breath and regroup here. Please let's remember the supportive spirit of the community. Kindness, I am sorry you felt insulted. That is never our intent. Pseudome was simply pointing out board policy. I would ask that you refrain from further sarcastic comments and be respectful.

Again, I will ask that we please get back to supporting one another.

Kindness, I would be happy to address any questions you have about posting.

Guest SomethingOrOther

If all the spirit of this site is made of such good intentions I really don't want anything to do with it. But I think I've said this before. I might think of a signature that makes clear that I in no way represent the spirit of this site, so that I don't have to repeat myself and worry about giving people the wrong impression.

I really appreciate everybody setting me straight on the workings of this site. I have no problem with accepting responsibility for causing the disruptions that were caused by my lack of understanding of how this site works. I had an agenda that would have helped -Some- people with mental disorders, addictions, diseases etc. since this presumption of mine does not look like it is compatable with this site, I have too rethink my agenda. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and good luck to everybody and again thank you...

Kindness, I appreciate your understanding in this. Thank you.

SoO, I hear that you are feeling angry right now. I'm sorry you feel this way. The rules are put in place for a reason and that is to keep as many members of the community as possible safe. We do our very best to do this. I assure you, it is not an easy job. Your sarcasm is disrespectful. Pseudome, Danni, and myself are volunteers here. We are upholding board policies and we act as a team. If you have any questions about this, please refer to the FAQ or pm one of us and we would be happy to explain further.

This is all UNBELIEVABLE..

KT I am sorry, but you brought so much negativity to this site. This site personally helped me A LOT and it is designed to help people who are going through tough times. It seems that everyone is now focusing on trying to tell you that you can apply all your knowledge and experience in helping maybe at least one member on this site????? Why would you even want to waste all your energy on something that no one seems to understand?

im sorry i dont whant to continue in these tread perhaps u sould close it, but i know its feels dumb but even if i dont know the ppl here in real life sometimes im like so crazy or paranoid or sensitive that i even worry about the words said here, it sounds silly but a written word has so much power it depends of my state of mind obcourse.

Sometimes these words help me.

And i agree with Lana.

Hello, everybody here,

As Pseudome, IrmaJean and Danni, I'm also a moderator here, although rather inactive these days :o, and I feel quite strange because of not engaging myself in this unpleasant situation as I'd like to try to contribute to some kind of understanding and peaceful end of this problem. So I'm going to try now...

My first impression is that there is "much ado about nothing": KT is trying to spread his theories and hopes they will help somebody. He's extremely (somewhat unnaturally) trying to be/sound kind and this leads to the impression that he's being sarcastic (maybe he is sarcastic, but... this would be very strange...) - that's my subjective feeling. However, this real or presumed sarcasm and other inappropriate reactions are triggering and hurting (!) some of the people here and that's one of the biggest problems in my eyes. (This seems to contradict/argue against the theory of KT about the power of "kindness", at least his form of kindness, by the way...)

Well, this would be "much ado about nothing" and ignoring of KT's posts by all those who don't like them would be a simple and peaceful solution, if there weren't the site rules and the spirit of this site and community. Yes, we are each very different and so it might sound silly to want everybody to conform to some type of "behaving", but... every community needs some basic rules and also somebody who's trying to watch over the rules. This is typically a kind of authority and... that's why it's tricky here, as we all are peers and even we moderators often struggle with the feelings related to the responsibilities we have and with the need to act like some authorities - admonishing, warning, banning, ... It seems to me KT doesn't (or at least didn't) understand the good intentions of the moderators and so considered them as rude or aggressive, sometimes.

I'm sorry, I don't offer a solution (moreover I really have to go now), but... I hope at least somebody will find in this post a new kind of view on this situation and could then maybe bring his own advise how to proceed...

Mostly: KT, what do you think about the situation? In another thread, the moderators clarified to you some rules (mainly about the "clients"...), you can see the reactions of several members here... As you can see, we don't to push you out of here, but we try to help you to understand what's "acceptable"/suitable here based on the rules. Do you feel like contributing to this site the way it was meant to be?

Now that being said please stop looking for sinister motives behind my posts, I don't lie or BS or be sacastic etc. I am very up front about what I -Was- trying to do. Again it is my fault that I did not understand how your site worked . When I worked for the mental health industry I made sure that I did not mislead -Clients- in any way. That being said I will try and find a site that is more a free for all and people in pain etc. can help me develop my theories. PS, I only hinted at the possabilities of -Full Time Kindness- and the almost violent reaction of this site distresses me that ordinary people (non professionals) can not even question the possabilities, how sad....

PS, somebody said you can close this thread, please do so and again, I am truly sorry for everything and everybody concerned...

Guest ASchwartz

This is not a matter of "how this site works." Rather, this is a mental help site that works towards providing information and being supportive of people who are coping with some serious problems. Your sweeping condemnation of mental health professionals are wrong, misinformed and potentially damaging who find this site very helpful. Many of these are also people who are in psychotherapy with good people and are getting help. Stop making these sweeping and generalized comments. No profession is perfect but I have worked in it for more than 30 years and have always been impressed by its professionals who are hardworking and honest.

Once again, sound very similar to a past crtic we had here. Any relation?

Allan

Archived