Mental Support Community

Happiness ????

SweetSue

I look around, and people are in so much turmoil, engulfed with sadness - not just here amongst the community, but out here in the real world.

It makes me wonder if there is such a thing as happiness, or if it is all a pipe dream, that people wander about aimlessly in search of.

Does true happiness even exsist?

Sure, it exists, Sue. I believe that. I'm a happy person. I may have moments of sadness...or even stretches of challenging, painful times...but at my center, I am content. Life can be a struggle, but the journey is mine. It's a beautiful thing. I enjoy challenging myself to grow and learn.

Yes, there is a lot of sadness and pain in the world. :) There is also great joy and love, beauty and wonder. :(

Keep fighting, Sue. We support you.

I think true happiness does exist, but I think it's a rare thing, and I think it's a matter of perspective. I often find myself thinking that I'll be happy if some particular thing happens. Then, when it does happen, I find I'm not really happy. Happiness for me has come at times when I least expected it, when I'm at peace with myself, and when I'm not actually striving to be "happy."

Hi Sue and all,

For me I experience pockets of happiness, usually when I am with people who make me happy.

My question is , Am I not able to generate my own happiness, because I am dependant on others to bring it out in me? . It's all very confusing :confused:

I hope that these pockets of happiness are enough to give me the strength to get through the unhappy times.

Goose

6.5 years ago i met my best buddy of today. we spent a year hangin out none stop till she moved out of state. the time i spent with her felt like the only time i have been happy. she brought out the best in me. after she left it destroyed me. but we never stopped talkin. just nowhere near as often. we had such great times togather and i was so lookin forward to seeing her again... happiness dose exist. i hope to feel it again someday in its true form.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd hope that it does exist but I am far from finding it yet. I seem to have these tinted glasses on and not good glasses. I look around and don't enjoy anything the world has to offer. I don't see people as happy, they just look like robots carrying out their everyday lives. Doing a job that they need to do in order to pay the bills, and generally things that I don't aspire to be doing.

I'd hope that it does exist but I am far from finding it yet. I seem to have these tinted glasses on and not good glasses. I look around and don't enjoy anything the world has to offer. I don't see people as happy, they just look like robots carrying out their everyday lives. Doing a job that they need to do in order to pay the bills, and generally things that I don't aspire to be doing.
Maybe you just expect more out of life. I don't think the robots are particularly happy. I was one of them. I was nothing. Emotionless or sad without being able to get out of either state. Hardly even a person. Until i cracked when a pile of crises hit all at once and the robot was ill equipped to handle them. Now I am striving to be something because I got shaken up. I do not aspire to be a robot.

As the song says:

Life ain't always beautiful

You think you're on your way

And it's just a dead end road at the end of the day

But the struggles makes you stronger

And the changes make you wise

And happiness has its own way of takin' it sweet time

Take a listen. I listen to this song everyday just to remind me that I'm not alone in my feelings. I've loved this song for many years because it's so true.

Archived