Mental Support Community

How is everyone today?

IrmaJean

How is everyone feeling today? How is your therapy progressing? Struggles or gains? If it helps to express yourself, we're here to listen.

I am feeling well this AM. I find that I'm always working on myself and growing. This is a positive thing. I still struggle from time to time, but I am feeling more and more content and at peace with myself.

I want to thank our community members for sharing a part of their lives here. I would also like to thank members for their continued support and care.

I wish everyone here a healing day.

I am doing as well as expected I guess considering the situation. I have no income and living off $200.00 in food stamps a month, never thought I would reach this level..but mom keeps on going, so the income is dropping I have cut back on relief caregivers as much as I dare, only spend a couple of hours out of the house during the week. So every day is a continueing day of survival. I am doing the best I can to take care of myself.

Fortunately I have good support and good people that try to help when they can..this has really taken its toll on me. But on the otherside of all this I have awaken to many things and have managed with good support to let go of many trauma's that I have been caring on my shoulders and feeding and keeping alive, I have managed to put them in the past where they belong. I do have a chance at a new life and a new beginning, its work in progress, but getting there in small steps. I have met a wonderful man who supports me both emotionally and spiritually..we hope to be together soon. He loves mom and wants to help. I have learned to open my heart to new possibilites in a time of such despair..go figure. Anyway a new day, and back to the care of mom, my full time job and the love I have for her keeps me going.

Thank you for your update, Shanrucas. :o

I'm sorry that things are so tough with your mom and with finances. ;) You're undoubtedly a very strong and special person and a loving daughter. I do hope you are able to get some respite from the constant care of your mother. I'm glad you are also trying to take care of yourself. That is so very important.

I do have a chance at a new life and a new beginning' date=' its work in progress, but getting there in small steps. I have met a wonderful man who supports me both emotionally and spiritually..we hope to be together soon. He loves mom and wants to help. I have learned to open my heart to new possibilites in a time of such despair..go figure. Anyway a new day, and back to the care of mom, my full time job and the love I have for her keeps me going.[/quote']

It's great that you are able to see your own progress. Good for you on the healing work! And how nice that you have a special man in your life now. :o Opening your heart to new possibilities...that's a beautiful thought. Thank you for sharing.

Take gentle care of yourself.

Im doing Blurumphiefied!!!

(if thats not a word then it should be - and if writing it makes it a word then it is now :cool:)

Im still breathing - which apparently means Im still alive, lucky me ;)

Sorry maybe I shouldnt reply to thesesorts of posts when Im like this - BUT too late now - I just did :o

Hope that your okay Beth and that your day is kind to you.

Take care

Sue, it's good to express yourself honestly about how you're feeling. My mom used to make up words sometimes too when I was a kid. Kind of funny in retrospect because for the longest time I didn't even know they weren't actual words. :o

I'm sorry you're feeling sad and frustrated. ;) It's kind of you to wish others well when you're in so much pain yourself. There's a bright light inside you, Sue, and I hope you can offer that energy to yourself too. Wishing you serenity tonight.

My day is going well. I've been feeling vulnerable and emotional lately, but that's nothing new. ;) I keep waking in the middle of the night with powerful and positive thoughts. :confused: It feels spiritual and healing, though, so I won't question it. Must be the effects of listening to Eckhart Tolle videos right before bed. :o I'm doing very well, just growing. :o

Take care, fellow community members. :-)

My father in law passed away 2 days ago and today was his funeral. I did not have much emotions because we weren't really close. I went to visit him before he passed away and I was waiting for him to tell me how much he appreciates me. I also wanted him to apologize to me for never being there for me when I needed him the most, for not giving both of us a chance to get to know each other.

He didn't. I am at peace with that.

Thanks Sue and you are right....

Plus I am very close with my husband's brother and his family who embraced me and made me part of their family.

I hope all is well with you.

This sounds wonderful Lana. I would think this positive outweighs the negative of your prior post above. I'm happy you have some support.

C

Lana, I think it's a positive thing for you to acknowledge your feelings and needs. I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you'd hoped with your father-in-law. I hope you can appreciate yourself. I'm glad that your brother-in-law and his family are supportive of you.

Athena, Sue, always good to see you. Take care.

I have for the last months felt a slip from being manic and depressed to feeling more apathic. I'm pretty jealous and bitter today, I started the day by oversleeping for something I had planned to do and then went back to sleep dreaming wonderful dreams that I wish I actually lived in, which made me a bit resentfull towards my real life today.

I have however put serious thoughts into getting in touch with my psychiatrist whom I stopped seeing after missing one session and then failed to muster the energy to call, so there is some hope among the feelings as well.

• 4 weeks later...

It has been very quiet here recently and I was wondering how everyone has been feeling?

I have had some stressful family stuff going on, but I am trying hard to manage. Other than that, I am doing very well.

I wanted to check in with members of the community and say hello. I hope everyone has a healing day.

Learned a couple days ago that the Northeastern Center has dropped a few links on the mental health foodchain again. They changed their name and have sold off land they own so they can afford to pay their Staff. More and more refugees from the Northeastern Center are showing up at the Bowen Center to get services. It looks like it's the beginning of the end for the Northeastern Center. I guess the past several days haven't been too bad.

Edited by AmericanPsycho

Lana, I'm glad things are good with you. Work can be crazy sometimes for me too. I hope you are able to enjoy some downtime soon.

Andromeda, I'm sorry you are feeling lonely. Do you have any hobbies that feel self-connective? I enjoy writing poetry. Great news about your anxiety not being so strong. Anxiety is still a thorn in my side and I need to work with more with this.

AP, I'm glad the past few days have been okay. Is the news about the Northeastern Center good or bad news for you?

Take care everyone and thank you for the updates.

AP, I'm glad the past few days have been okay. Is the news about the Northeastern Center good or bad news for you?

It's good news because that's what they get for not taking the welfare of their clients seriously. This morning my Therapist said that the Bowen Center is expanding their offices so they're able to accept all of the incoming refugees from the NEC.

• 2 months later...

I was wondering how our members are feeling today?

Things are well with me. I'm always working on stuff, and I don't think that will ever change. Striving for new growth keeps me motivated to be all that I can be.

Anyone have updates they'd like to share?

Thanks for checking in, Star. Numbness can be a means of self-protection, especially if there has been recent trauma. It must be difficult for you to feel no clear direction about what to do. I hope the path ahead becomes clearer for you as each day passes.