Mental Support Community

Suicide I just tried of my life

Thewhitelioness

First of all I'm afraid to commit suicide but I want go to a better place. I have the belief that suicides go staright to hell. It's not only stated in Christianity but in other religions as well. I would like to believe that suicidees turn into black rose bushes when they enter hell. I got nothing going for me in life. I hate everyone around me. It's as if I have no privacy and everyone knows about my business. I hate my life and wish for the people who made my life this way to suffer a fate worse than death. I'm on an anti-depressant for the pass couple of weeks. Suicide is my only way out. Is there any comfort about killing myself? I like to hear that I'll go to a better place.

P.S. I hate God

I'm sorry you are feeling so sad, whitelioness. :D I hope that you will take steps to keep yourself safe if you are feeling suicidal. Do you have any positive support at home? I understand that it may be difficult for you to see right now, but there are other options. Please call for help if you are unsafe.

I'm sorry you are feeling so sad, whitelioness. :D I hope that you will take steps to keep yourself safe if you are feeling suicidal. Do you have any positive support at home? I understand that it may be difficult for you to see right now, but there are other options. Please call for help if you are unsafe.

No I don't have positive support because my family doesn't know about this. They're rather negative. Do you think that suicidees really go to hell?

Hello, Thewhitelioness,

You say you're on antidepresants for a couple of weeks. I hope you know that ADs can often cause suicidal intentions/attempts in the first weeks of treatment! (If you didn't know, you can look in Wikipedia or google it, ... - in any case, you can belive me that this is a wellknow side effect in some people.) At least this one info gives you hope: The way you feel can be simply a side effect of the medication that will disappear and later, you'll feel the good effects of the treatment. It can be difficult, some/many people need to change the ADs several times before getting to the right one for them, but it's always worth trying and sustaining the bad side of the 'trials'...

You need to get to a better place, that's true. But this place is here, on Earth, and... it's mainly in your head. You need your head to become a better place to live for you... It's possible that you also, as it was suggested here already, need to leave the people you live with now, or also the place, ... - but this all would be insufficient without a change in your brain. A good AD can do a part of the work for you, but there's still a lot to do... Have you been in psychotherapy?

Good luck and don't give it up. As you surely know:

"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."

"The great thing about suicide is you can always do it tomorrow."

I have the belief that suicides go [straight] to hell. It's not only stated in Christianity but in other religions as well.

P.S. I hate God

I wonder why multiple religions would hold such a belief. Personally I think a lot of religious belief is metaphor. It has to be because it tries to express things that cannot be truly expressed in language; they have to be experienced to be understood.

Personally I think if you are considering suicide you are already in hell. A place of anger and despair. It could always get worse but it can also get better. I struggle with suicidal urges too. It does seem to me that in some way I cannot understand it would be unwise to commit suicide. Nevertheless we do unwise things all the time so this intuition is a less than fully effective deterrent, isn't it?

Maybe it would be better to learn to deal with the pain we face right now, or detach from it, or find a way around it, then to head into the grave not having done so. No one really knows. We all have to make the best guess we can on the information available to us.

Archived