Mental Support Community

Im trying to leave a friendship of 5 yrs

I'm sorry things are so hard for you, Donna. :(

Is there anything besides painting that helps clear your mind? Deep breathing? Meditating? A walk in nature?

Is it frightening for you to be without him? I can understand that it would be when you've been abused and under his control for so long. It's okay now to let him go and be yourself. It's okay to be you.

I hope you feel better.

Luna that's my problem. I feel I don't have a problem. Understand. I didn't know he had control on me. Everything was normal. So I thought. I never questioned him. Did as I was told. He's mean when he's mad. So I didn't get him mad. I went with the flow. Not know anyrhing. Until really how bad it was a few months ago I relized. So how do I fix a problem if my mind keeps telling me there nothing to fix. Until a trigger hits. And I lose it.

Is there any other abuse or trauma in your past? Anything from your childhood? Ever been on your own before? Only answer if you feel comfortable answering.

So how do I fix a problem if my mind keeps telling me there nothing to fix.

Have you tried challenging it? Change is never easy for any of us, especially when it feels uncomfortable. The discomfort could be a place where growth can happen, though. Maybe you can work with your therapist about this?.

I hope today is serene for you.

No trama. What I ment was abuse to most us physical u can see it. I don't feel abused until the confusion comes. I'm at peace when I paint. No abuse there. When someone hits u in arm every movment hurts u feel that. I only feel his abuse with tje confusion. Understand?. I'm working with my theripist with this issue. He really had me brain washed. Its scary.

I understand. Something triggers you and then you feel the confusion and emotional pain of his abuse.

Have you ever done any reading about complex post-traumatic stress disorder? We don't diagnose here, by any means, but you may find some of the information about it interesting.

It's good you are working with your therapist. I hope this is helpful to you and you begin to heal.

Take care.

I've never heard of that. When I see my dr. Next thur I will ask him what is it I suffer from. Suffering I am doing. I've endured alot these past 5 years. Its scary just going to the park or shopping. Taking my time to do anything. Like at the mall I coulnt stop at a sale and go thru the itams cuz it took to long. Oh boy heaven forbit if I was gone to long id be punished when I returned home. He would create a situation where someone always got hurt. Made sure I saw it or was a part of it. Depending on how mad he was.

I still have a tough time. I push it sometimes. I stay out late then come home and wait. Nothing happens. That's scary. Weird I know.

He took 5 years of my life. Twisted it up into his sick game. I can't get those years back. But ill be damned if I give him 5 days or 5 minutes. I'm strong. And ill be ok some day.

My youngest daughter graduated 6th grade today. I'm so proud. :-) they had the cerimony outside. As thy started calling names someone sat down next to me. It was him. He said did I miss her name. My god my heart stoped. A million things ran thru my head. I jus shook my head an said no. This man is gunna rouin my daughters graduation. How dare him. I asked him why. He was there. He said he was invited and wanted to see his sister graduate. I just sat there. I didn't know what to do. I didn't take a picture qhen she was called. I missed everything. At the end my daughter was giving a short speech he put his arm around me. Then he looked at me said. Ur shaking. What's wrong? I said. You. Your wrong. It seemed like forever we jus sat there. Then he kissed me on forehead looked at me. He was crying. I never seen him cry. He said I'm so sorry I hurt u. More sorry u left. I wont bother u any more. He got up and left. By that time everything was done. My daughter was walking toward us. He reached out picked her up hugged her and told her how great she was and to take care of mom. He walked out. He let me go today. Finally I'm free. I havnt stoped crying. My daughter thinks I'm crazy for over reacting to her. I've told her nothing about my abuse. So I'm crazy. Ok :-) I'm feeling relief I don't have to worry about him stalking or hurting me any more. I think its over. Now I jus gotta heal. Right?

It is wonderful watching our children. They are our future.

My future is of healing. And I'm mad about it. I was telling my dr. This morning. From the first time I saw him until the last. He had all the control. He started this game of abuse. He ended it. I'm mad. Or I was. My dr told me. He didn't end it willingly. He was forced to end it by you.. he didn't have a choice. He had to serender. And like any game. Its no fun to play alone. I have ro agree. And really no one won. I'm still meszed up in the head. So I don't see it as a win. He's alone looking for next victum. But I'm free to do as I want. Not what he lr anyone else wants. I didn't dream about him last night like I usually do after seein g him. So his abuse has stoped. Now I can clean and clear my head of the ugly mess he left behind. I do miss him. He was my child. My son. But his abuse out weighs my missing him. I'm scared of men. Terrified ill get trapped again. I'm sure time will heal and ill be fine. But I sure wo.t be dating any time soon.

Honestly I come back cuz it was all of u who helped me. Just by listening. U have no idea how u helped. I've always been taught to never forgot those who helped laying bricks on my road of life. So thank u. It is ok to check in with u all isn't it? I posted few times in others topics. Is that ok to? Again thank u all

Aw. When I said "come back", I was responding to you saying that you "go crazy sometimes." I was saying, "at least you come back to sanity again." We're glad you come back to our site, and we're glad it helps you. Of course it's okay to come here and to post; that's what we're here for.

I'm sorry you feel so uncertain that you have to check, in fact. You deserve just as much as anybody else, Donna.