Mental Support Community

Is it time to visit a psychiatrist?

aakbh

I am a depressed person. I have lost my confidence really badly. I spend most of the time locked up in my room. I dont like interacting with people nowday, I even rarerly be around by friends. I have lost inetrest in things I loved to do. I feel like theres nothing I can do. I am doing really bad ni my studies as well. But I used to be a good student in the past. I get frustrated easily these days. Even small anger or frustration grows really big inside me. And it triggers a series of other frustrations inside. I have lost enthusiasm. I give up too quickly. I get scared to do the things I'm good at, because I think I cant do it well. What should I do ? Its been a long time. This dakness inside me is growing. I feel pressure. Now I'm starting to think that create problems for myself. I have become too pessimistic, too depressed. I need help.

Welcome to the community, aakbh.

I'm sorry that you are struggling so much. :( You mentioned that you need help with this. I think it's important that you expressed this. Can you speak with a professional and get help for yourself? I hear you that it's difficult to interact right now, but it could also be helpful to have extra support. Maybe your friends could provide that for you?

You are always welcome to express your feelings here.

Take care.

I can't tell you whether it's time or not: this is your life. But you listed an awful lot of good reasons ...

In fact, it sounded more like you were trying to talk yourself into it than that you were talking to us at all, so ... maybe yes? :-)

Hello aakbh. I have felt like that for most of my life. Depression can be a powerful force of negativity, but we can overcome it, with help. If you can see a psychiatrist/therapist, that would help a lot. I myself am unable to see a therapist, but I went to see a psychiatrist and he prescribed medications that have helped me a lot. It's helped me to get rid of some of the darkness that was/is in me, and I think it could help you too. The other thing that helped me was being here on this forum and expressing my feelings. It is such a relief to just talk about things, let things out rather than hide them from family and friends. I hope you can find help to relieve what you are feeling. Take care of yourself.