Mental Support Community

A Big Step for Me Today

Drama is annoying, there's too much of it in my life. If I had any sense I'd write a book, write an album or do something productive instead of watching hours of YouTube fight videos because YouTube ruined the results of the UFC (I forgot not to look as usual). How can I sit for 2-3 straight hours watching stupid conspiracy/flat earth/reptilian/false flag shit. I don't even believe in most of it I just want to watch anything other than my life. I know people will think my problems run deeper but I'm truly worried about my car, she's an old workhorse and I just want it to be alright. She's running really sluggish and I fear this'll be the end of the old girl. It's really been getting me down. I form a bond with my motors and look after them as best I can. I'm gonna take her in tomorrow and see what my guy can do. Hopefully he can fix it that day. 

53 minutes ago, Klingsor said:

@BellaMeilan

The question I posed was indelicately phrased I guess (was going for some levity), but it's an honest question that references old discussions on this board. I just wanted your thoughts since so few women give us any lengthy attention (except IrmaJean) It seems once again I'm embroiled in SPS forum controversy, and I'm forced to conclude my communication skills are ineffective. 

@Klingsor, I can accept that you acknowledge that the question was phrased indelicately, but to me, it was more of a statement that was offensive to me. When I further stated that I was offended, the reactions that you all had was that I was overreacting.

This goes back to what @PDXsUnHungAndUnsungHero Stated in one of the responses on this thread about this type of behavior does the opposite of what you all desire to achieve in this forum to educate people on the effects of SPS and how it affects each of you as well as those of us who are compassionate and desire to learn more. This behavior would discourage women from trying to understand this issue and may further discourage them from taking this on because of the behavior and representations of some of the members (not all).

I could sit here and say that I felt that person getting offended at a “man up” comment was sensitive and even someone else (a man) mentioned they took the comment out of context than what I meant. I was speaking about my experiences with this issue.

Ive had more positive than negative experiences here, but if you or anyone else don’t see how that comment was inappropriate then that’s fine. I spoke my peace about it, I won’t tolerate disrespect at all.

Also, if you are involved in multiple forum controversies, it is time to take a look at self and wonder why that happens because you (as in a general you) are the common denominator. 

I don’t desire to discuss this issue any further because it’s pointless. We all have our viewpoints. But, I have witnessed myself how other people’s views have been attacked in the forum. I did what I needed to do for myself, I activated the block feature so I don’t have to engage or view anything that I don’t want to from the person. Problem solved.

I have to say something on this. I didn't see Bella's comment, however, if she said "man up" I think she's totally right. We cannot hide behind this, we all need to man up and go out and conquer the world. Love is waiting and if we sit idle and wonder "what if" or "i'm not good enough" then life will pass us by. Based on other posts by Bella, i believe she has good intent and perhaps if we listen and take some advice, we all will be better off.  

Thank you @2thin2win I really appreciate that. The comment was made based on my own situation as a woman and just coming here to learn more about this. I believe that I said after making it clear that I am accepting of the situation there comes a time when someone needs to “man up”. The comment was not directed at anyone here. I was asked what I meant and I explained it. I even went and apologized for the offense. I’ve seen so many say they want acceptance and understanding, but as soon as someone says something based on their experience, it becomes an issue. My intent is never to hurt anyone at all. I don’t know you @2thin2win but thank you for your comment. 

Some of the behavior that I have seen will certainly take aware from the overall goal of acceptance because people won’t want to deal with the drama associated with it. 

45 minutes ago, 2thin2win said:

I have to say something on this. I didn't see Bella's comment, however, if she said "man up" I think she's totally right. We cannot hide behind this, we all need to man up and go out and conquer the world. Love is waiting and if we sit idle and wonder "what if" or "i'm not good enough" then life will pass us by. Based on other posts by Bella, i believe she has good intent and perhaps if we listen and take some advice, we all will be better off.  

Thank you. That was exactly my point in the “man up” reference. Thank you!

@YOTH

I've always wanted a female car. It would make driving so much more bearable. Is she much of a conversationalist? How does one determine the sex of their car? I'm too embarrassed to ask my mechanic. I should probably feel around for a penis or vagina but I'd probably end up with a black eye or in prison. 

SMH. I swear some people just have to have the last word. Also, please do not send me anything from anyone that is blocked. They are blocked for a reason and I don’t care what they say. It’s obvious some people don’t get it. You don’t need to see an “attack” post. Accept that your behavior was uncalled for and inappropriate and in no way are you the “bigger person” in this discussion. 

We determine a tree by its fruit and I will let everyone’s character speak for itself. Some people are doing a disservice to the true intent of this forum. I’ve never seen men engage in so much drama and back and forth drama with post and deletes. If you said something, stand by it and take responsibility. 

The bigger issue here are attitudes and character, not SPS, maybe if some would start with that first, it would be great.

9 hours ago, 2thin2win said:

Thank you, and that's what I wanted to say.

The one thing I want to say logging on here slightly intoxicated at one of my best friend's birthday party is you guys, this arguing is stupid and you guys are being too hard on Bella. And you know what, she was right. Two of you guys made a snide little joke and look at what has happened. That's the power of negativity guys.

5 minutes ago, PDXsUnHungAndUnsungHero said:

Thank you, and that's what I wanted to say.

The one thing I want to say logging on here slightly intoxicated at one of my best friend's birthday party is you guys, this arguing is stupid and you guys are being too hard on Bella. And you know what, she was right. Two of you guys made a snide little joke and look at what has happened. That's the power of negativity guys.

I hope you are having fun at your party. But, you are right, their attitudes are negative and very childish. Sometimes the problems that we experience in life have more to do with our attitudes. I’ve completely lost any respect that I had for them. The comment was snide, inappropriate and unwarranted. When called out, they attempted to say it was a “joke” but refused to apologize or accept responsibility for their “joke”, they posted and deleted their comment because they don’t want people to see what they wrote, but it’s still there because I quoted both comments, and they engage in back and forth drama and bickering with a woman while stating they are taking the “high road.”

There are some very nice people here and I am thankful for those who have been nice and spoken to me on a personal level. But, the behavior that I described above is an unfortunate misrepresentation of the issue at hand which is SPS. 

2 hours ago, IrmaJean said:

I'm not exactly sure what has taken place here as there have been some deletions and I need to go back through the thread and read everything to catch up. I hope we can all remember to take care of ourselves and each other.

I'm in the same boat as you, and yeah deletions and everything, what a mess. It's really sad to me.

I just got home and have read everything non distracted. Look, I understand that you guys might have been joking but Bella had already been "flamed" (I don't want to say attacked) on here by that same person (I don't know or care which one) for her "man up" so of course when he makes a joke like that, like, what do you expect? Anyways, let's all be supportive and open so that more things like what this original post was about (me being able to finally talk to a girl about SPS) can happen and miracles can happen and guys with SPS can feel better about themselves. :)

(I wrote that last night but my computer died before I could send it)

1 hour ago, Helpless_loner said:

Kudos to you!!!! 

I leven lack the courage to even approach women.......

It's hard, I know, but it's worth it! I'm getting to know this girl pretty well now and we should be seeing eachother soon! It's great to know that she knows and that it won't be this big thing. She also knows my other insecurities and promises she doesn't care. It's really beautiful to see. i have never had a girl accept my insecurities like this.

4 minutes ago, YOTH said:

@PDXsUnHungAndUnsungHero Good luck, mate. You may have cracked the code. Just tell them beforehand and take the awkward 'reveal' out of the equation. It'll probably still be a bit awkward but nowhere near as much. I hope it pans out for you. 

Thank you YOTH. I can't wait. I will probably cry of happiness if this girl accepts me and holds me and we are able to give eachother pleasure and what not. It's all I have been looking for my whole life. I have always loved girls so much, they are such beautiful, kind, and caring creatures. And also: sweet, affectionate, empathetic, and forgiving. If girls ran the world, we would be in a much better spot than we are today. Girls commit only what, 1% of violent crimes/rapes? Girls are great, if I had one to share a bed with and she loved me and every part of me (including my weenis), I would be so fucking happy, I would be at peace, I would start to wake up feeling good and knowing that if I died that day I would have no regrets. You married SPS guys (that still are in love with their spouse and visa versa) are so lucky. I'm sure you've only heard me say that...25 times lol.

If they ran the world it'd be one giant feminist nightmare like Israel but I get your point XD. Just play it cool, open and honest. You seem like a nice guy, any girl would be lucky to have someone like you in their life. Not to mention all the little things like watching a movie, going for a walk, cuddling etc. The start of a relationship is great, it takes a bit of work after a while but there's nothing better than a solid connection with a partner. In the immortal words of that dude from Taken who Brian attaches to the mains "Good Luck" 😂

2 hours ago, PDXsUnHungAndUnsungHero said:

It's hard, I know, but it's worth it! I'm getting to know this girl pretty well now and we should be seeing eachother soon! It's great to know that she knows and that it won't be this big thing. She also knows my other insecurities and promises she doesn't care. It's really beautiful to see. i have never had a girl accept my insecurities like this.

Just take your time. I believe in you and am so happy for you!!! Yay!!!!

Hey so last night was crazy, this girl and me opened up about even more shit and then started talking about sex (she said she had a wet dream about me the night before that) and she fucking wants me despite me being so dreadfully insecure, ugh I wish I could show you guys the conversation but basically to boil it down the entire time that she's like "I want you" I'm like "I'm scared, my dick sucks, I need you to teach me" and she agreed she would! :) I told her I would accept her for who she and that these (like scars she has from skin surgery) that it doesn't matter to me and that we both have things about our bodies we hate but we're going to love eachother regardless and then the very next thing she said was something along the lines of "I'm soaking wet right now" like...it was a pretty intense adult conversation. Anyways, we are going to do "molly" (have you guys ever heard of that? MDMA) and hang out sometime next week after her new job drug tests her (and have like a full night of fucking amazing...fucking among other things). I'm super nervous but I'm ready and remember that it's all because of this site that I was even able to open up to her like I did and feel comfortable to actually share my love in a physical manner. I'm so excited!

I wrote her this super touching thing that I came up with in the morning (because I couldn't stop thinking about her) but part of it went " I can't wait to see you so I can just absolutely bathe you in love and affection. You are going to be thanked in every possible sexual and non-sexual way. I accept you for who you are because you accepted me for who I am at a time when no one else would. " And I think that sums it up as best as possible! Now I just have to keep working out and get some gas money together (she lives an hour away) and I'll keep you guys updated!

:)