Mental Support Community

Fromthemoon

Endlessnight

Guest SomethingOrOther

That's really strange. As far as I can see it's not just her posts that have disapeared, but actually all posts in threads she started, right?

Even for wanting to dissapear from the forum, that would be a bit much, no? :confused:

friends, sometimes members have to erase their posts because they have to go anonymous for reasons that have nothing to do with members on the site... please try not to take this personally:(. It has happened before and suddenly like this and we later learn what the trouble was. I wish her well, and for whatever reason she needs her involvement to disappear for a while...:)

I agree with SomethingOrOther. It's very odd that everything has disappeared. There is nothing left of her, not even shells of of deleted posts. It's as if she never existed.

From The Moon, if you are reading this and can't log in but still want to be here, please register again!

I'm going to investigate ...

My understanding, from private communication with her this week, is that FromTheMoon had a need to leave the site and remove personal information. It appears that the administrators have taken care of this for her. To the best of my knowledge, this had nothing to do with any interaction with anyone on the site, but was due to reasons in her private life. I regret it, but at the same time, respect her need.

Let me confirm what Malign has said. FromThe Moon came to me and demanded that her account and all posts and threads be deleted. I asked her to reconsider, and she came back with a further demand and an attempt to belittle me. So I did delete her account. I should have posted a note that I did that, but under the circumstances, at the moment it did not seem wise.

This action leaves me feeling unsettled. I don't like the idea of a permanent deletion of accounts. It goes against one of the mission goals I have for this community which is that the traces of discussion here can be available for lurkers who have similar problems but not the will, ability or courage to post. I will consult with the moderators about my thoughts on the matter and we will release a statement on the policy for this sort of thing going forward.

Mark: FromThe Moon came to me and demanded that her account and all posts and threads be deleted. I asked her to reconsider, and she came back with a further demand and an attempt to belittle me.

If I understand correctly, a member cannot delete their own posts or their own account. I can only imagine that whatever prompted her to leave must have been something that distressed her greatly and she was further distressed by her inability to remove the record of her presence here. Please understand, I don't think that makes it "right" to belittle someone, it merely seems a possible reason for why she did.

This action leaves me feeling unsettled. I don't like the idea of a permanent deletion of accounts. It goes against one of the mission goals I have for this community which is that the traces of discussion here can be available for lurkers who have similar problems but not the will, ability or courage to post.

As a possible compromise solution. As an admin, you may have the option to set up private topics that are accessible to the admins only. Maybe, in the event that something similar happens again, you could move that individual's posts to a private topic area for a select period of time. It's possible that in that time, the individual might return and ask for their posts and account to be reinstated.

If the member did not return, the member's posts can be easily deleted after the set time frame has passed. Obviously, they would have contained some degree of personal content and this could be harmful or damaging if it were re-released for public consumption without the member's knowledge or consent. A moderator or admin would not be in the position of knowing what might be damaging which is why it would probably be best to delete in those cases.

Meantime, I'll also offer up some good wishes. I had only just met her and was enjoying our conversations. If you are still reading From The Moon, I'm bound to leave lots of information behind you will always be free to follow up on independently as the spirit moves you.

FromtheMoon indicated to me a few days back that she wished to delete all of her posts and asked how to do it, and I referred her to the powers that be. I don't think there are any issues, she is doing well as far as I know. She is presently in a legal case with regards to a dissability claim and I felt that she left the forum with that in mind, and she said she wanted to exit quietly.

I too will miss her, she brought a lovely voice to the forum...

Guy Out There,

I owe you an apology. I miss our conversations. Going to PM you as soon as it's possible.

Endlessnight, Someone Outthere,

thanks for thinking of me. Often I thought I shouldn't be here because my problems are absolutely nothing in comparison to most of you. Please keep on dreaming and trying to understand them.

Malign, Symora and moderators,

thank you for your guidance. Initially I tried to edit the personal part of my comments so not all had to be removed but I was overwhelmed, impatient and in pain...

Calla,

thank you for your kind words and I learned a lot through you too. You did have a huge impact on my life and you understood FM too because of your dad.

Spiritual Emergency,

I learned a lot through you too. Thanks for having enough faith in me and trusting me that I had reasons to do what I did. And most of all thank you expressing that.

Mark,

honestly, we had a communication barrier and misunderstood each others intentions. At least I would like to think that. Yes I wanted my account closed but initially I asked you questions in order to find out what my options were. Your reply came across very bossy and did not answer my questions. Instead of bothering you with further clarification I continued with the tone of your message. I do recognize the part that was my responsibility and I hope you will recognize yours.

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Fromthemoon,

I had the sense from reading your post that you are saying goodbye. Are you and was this posting just a goodbye gesture?

If so, there is one thing I would like to point out: You mention that you believed your problems to be lesser than those of others. Not true. People have problems and their own problems are difficult for them. There is no way to quantify whose are more or less complicated. So, just for the sake of awareness, you are just as important as everyone else here.

Allan:)

Hi Allan

Yes I came back to say good bye and to express how disturbed I was by Marks remarks.

I PM'ed some people to give them an option to stay in touch with me if they wished to do so. If it is not too much trouble my new account can be closed in 3 days from now so people may have an opportunity to reply to my PM. I don't have a problem with new posts staying up.

This was the best site ever. I'm not very good at good bye's. Take care! If I write more it's just going to sound cheezy. :o

Archived