Mental Support Community

Clinging for Support

lagrima

What feels like it helps for you, lagrima? I think that everyone is different. Meditation, introspection and nature contemplation would work wonders for me. What do you connect with and what gives you feelings of inner serenity? I think you have some great ideas to start with. I hope you are able to find you way to peace and stability, lagrima.

I don't think answers can be so black and white when it comes to human beings. Ever try to explore answers from outside of a biological standpoint? Or at least include the many other factors involved as well? I don't think there can be one answer here. There would likely be very many and different ones that fit for unique individuals. Not so simple as for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, I don't think. I hope you find the answers you are looking for, lagrima.

Hi Lagrima,

I realise you are hurting and trying to mend your pain, and that this is your way of coping with that pain whilst you mend.

You are obviously a very intellectual (cant spell that word sorry) person, I can see that.

And I know my own illness is getting the better of me today, but I dont understand what all these questions mean to you - you as a person. Heck Im confused by the smartness of the questions - I feel so dumb.

Do you think you could help me here, to understand what you are asking, and put your questions in lay-mans terms - please.

Hmmm, One last thought, are you sure your not a student and just doing your research here on us ~ or is that just my paranoia ?

Sorry if I offend - truely I dont mean too.

Take care

Honestly, 'lagrima', this is so abstract a set of questions that it's hard for me to connect to it, personally. That's not necessarily your fault, and I do believe you're expressing it as well as you can. I just wanted to explain how it seems from my end.

The best I can do is to try to answer some of the questions as I would if I were asking them of myself. I have little doubt that your answers would be different, simply because you're a different person. In other words, even if reality is socially constructed, it allows a pretty broad range of human behavior, simply because that's the reality.

So:

"Do people lose touch of reality when they let their imagination and emotion decide whats real?"

For me, emotion is as much a part of reality as thought. What I feel isn't unreal, it's a response to my environment (reality) just as much as thought is. So, just because someone's actions make me angry without me having to think about it, that doesn't mean it's wrong for me to be angry.

The way I see it, "Thought", as a mental activity, is not all that our brains are capable of. Unfortunately, though, Thought is all that Thought understands, so it tends to be dismissive of all the other things our brains can do.

Take a look at all the things that you suggested to help yourself with stability: on one hand, physical things, like exercise, or on the other, things like meditation or viewing nature. To me, the thing these have in common is the temporary silencing of Thought. Despite what Thought believes, Thought does not solve all problems. What grounds me, helps me feel stable, is the awareness of myself as a living being, something that Thought deliberately distances us from.

Hi Lagrima, :)

If Im honest Im still confused :confused:

So Im going to take a guess that you are not trying to confuse me futher, and say thankyou for trying to help me :)

I hope that you can learn from this community - its taught me loads. Ive learnt that complete strangers soon become true friends, that people here are genuine with their words and there care of others. Its helped me to learn that although this world is full of unkindness - there is still good people in abundance. :)

Do you feel like your a misfit ?

Is that what you are trying to tell us ?

Oh gosh, I hope you dont think I was calling you dumb, I was only saying I feel dumb coz I dont understand. Im sorry if you felt I was insulting you.

Theres a way out ???

Im intrigued.............

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Lagrima,

I am also confused and so, I think it would help a lot if you could tell us about yourself: your family, friends, activities, work, school, etc. Is there trauma in your life or was there trauma? Just talk about you so we could better understand what you are going through?

Allan

Hi lagrima :(

If ' being able to help ' OR ' in need of help ' is a necessary criterion for membership in this community , guess i'm neither .

I think all you really need to be is yourself.

What makes you think that you arent able to help ?

You know, each of us have our own life experiences. You may even be able to relate to some of the threads.

Sometimes it helps just to know someone is listening, someone cares when your having a bad day or even a good day. It helps at times for someone just to say Hi, how are you today.

It doesnt take up much time for the person asking, but it means a lot to the person thats just been asked.

Which I think thats all I wanted to say really, except ofcourse.........

How are you today lagrima ?

Take care :)

Guest ASchwartz

Lagrima,

There are no conditions for being here other than not to curse or graphically describe suicide or homicide. I agree with Sweetsue, just be yourself.

Allan

Archived