Mental Support Community

My thanks to .....

Lana73

:) Hi everyone,

I am relatively new here, but I wanted to start this new thread where we can all thank specific members of our community who reached out and made a difference in our lives:o. In my case these people our IrmaJean and LaLa3. I wanted to thank you Guys for being there for me, for reading my long posts:) and for always finding time to respond. Your support helped a lot and you made this journey less painful for me. Thank you again!

Oh, Lana, you're welcome! :) Thank you, not only for this thread, but for being one of the many members here who taught me so much about life, people, myself. :(

And as we're thanksgiving here now: Jenna, thanks for the today's friend request! It's always a nice, kind surprise and honour for me when I receive one :(...

I would like to thank the people responsible for putting up this forum, whoever they may be, the administrators, and the moderators. I would also like to thank each and everyone that posts on here, people who are in pain, and share that pain with us, reaching out for help, and reaching out to help others, so all of us here know we are not alone and that we share a common humanity.

(John Donne expresses much better what I am trying to say)

No man is an island,

Entire of itself.

Each is a piece of the continent,

A part of the main.

If a clod be washed away by the sea,

Europe is the less.

As well as if a promontory were.

As well as if a manner of thine own

Or of thine friend's were.

Each man's death diminishes me,

For I am involved in mankind.

Therefore, send not to know

For whom the bell tolls,

It tolls for thee.

John Donne

I'm so thankful to the moderators and Allan for their dedication and support. I'm also thankful to all those who share their stories - who not only show me I'm not alone, but also sometimes manage to distract me from my troubles by reminding me the world does not revolve around me. And I'm also so thankful to those members here who listen to me and show acceptance, kindness, encouragement, compassion and sometimes just another way of looking at things. There are too many to mention but you know who you are. A recurring topic in therapy is to learn to attract better quality people to me. The quality people are right here :) - I just need to learn to find more in the face-to-face world, and I'd be well on my way to transforming my life.

Archived