Mental Support Community

Lover

I think the key for so many of us is to provide for ourselves what we need internally rather than relying on external sources to fill us. Of course, it is easy for me to say this and logically I understand it, but it is still a struggle for me as well. External sources can't give us confidence in the long run; we need to build that for ourselves from within. That way others don't have so much power over us and we are free to be ourselves. Believe in who you are, build feelings of self-efficacy, take care of your own needs...all stuff I'm working on too. Confidence comes, for me, in small steps, small gains, small successes...These are things to build on. At first it is frail too, but confidence builds more confidence and slowly I am feeling more belief in myself that I am okay just as I am. Growth is a life-long process, it would seem.

Yeah, I know what you mean Perseverance. Even though you feel like getting better, it's still in the back of your head, just lurking to pop out and ruin your day. It's just a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really shitty problem, the only thing you can do as someone like us is better have a really thick skin, if possible, one thick enough to stop armor piercing bullets -_-

eh, I don't know, sometimes I think maybe my life is supposed to be a joke, you know? I remember after my first humiliating experience because of this, I thought "is this going to be my future? Getting made fun of for something I never had control over, a life full of this?"

Seriously, everyone who is still a happy and cheerful person after emotional and social torture deserves a medal, seriously, that shit is devastating.

• 3 weeks later...